What is everyone eating?

computer_nerd
on 4/20/09 1:23 am
My 1 month surgiversary is coming up on the 25th.
What is everyone eating?
How many calories are you getting in?
What about protein?

This is a typical day for me:
AM Vitamins
Breakfast- Protein Shake
Lunch- Soup or Pureed Tuna
Snack- Sugar Free Pudding
Dinner- Pureed Tuna or Egg Beaters
PM Vitamins
Protein Sahke before bed.

Pre-Op 314, Surgery Day 304, Goal 165        
shoregurl
on 4/20/09 11:59 am - toms river, NJ
I'm 7 weeks out and here's what I eat typically:
Breakfast
Special K and soy milk or oatmeal or egg beaters and ff cheese
Snack
Sugar free ice pop
Lunch
protein bar or chicken salad with ff mayo or tuna with ff mayo or cottage cheese and fruit
Snack
Sf ice pop
Dinner
Cottage cheese and fruit or protein bar or pastina with lentils or couscous with canned veggies or tuna with ff mayo
I've tried tomatoes, lunchmeat, lettuce all the advice of my nutritionist, and none of it stayed down. So I won't try them again for a while.
 Shannon  

nikimarie21
on 4/20/09 1:22 pm
RNY on 03/03/09 with
what type of protein shakes are you doing?
eating to me is a chore...i always get full way too fast and then feel really sick...but i do drink a lot of lite lemonade and love healthy choice's country veggie soup. but since i dont have enough protein in my diet i always feel lightheaded and weird!! any really yummy protein shakes out there?!!
niki marie!

starting/current/goal
278//157//130-140 [can't decide!]
121lbs down && it keeps getting better!
shoregurl
on 4/21/09 3:42 am - toms river, NJ
Hey Niki, have you considered protein bars? I simply could not do the shakes anymore. I spoke to my nutritionist and she gave me some good suggestions about what would be good to try. I love the Atkins smores protein bars. Beats the heck outta the shakes! 
 Shannon  

meinnm
on 4/21/09 4:40 am
I found a protein shake that  I absolutely LOVE!  If you love coffee, you will love this.  It's NECTAR Cappucino flavor.  It doesn't have any funky protein taste and is not grainy at all!  It feels like I'm having an iced coffee from Starbucks!  Plus, for one scope it's like 22 gm of protein, plus 1 c skim for 9 for a total of 31Gms!  I have it in the morning so I feel like I'm having my coffee fix!  I found out about this shake at a support group.  It's great!
shoregurl
on 4/21/09 9:22 am - toms river, NJ
That sounds awesome! I'm going to look into that one myself. Thanks!
 Shannon  

nikimarie21
on 4/21/09 11:11 am
RNY on 03/03/09 with
i was told not to try anything with sugar alcohol until im about 3 months out because people can sometimes dump when eating it.
but in another month ill def. try it!!! thanks so much!!!
niki marie!

starting/current/goal
278//157//130-140 [can't decide!]
121lbs down && it keeps getting better!
computer_nerd
on 4/21/09 12:34 pm
I use Nectar Caribbean Cooler flavor and mix it with 4 ounces of Dole 100% pina colada juice and 4 ounces of water. It reminds me of my favorite ****tail, Malibu Rum and Pineapple juice.

Pre-Op 314, Surgery Day 304, Goal 165        
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/09 10:05 am
My surgery was March 9th.  I typically eat...

Breakfast - One yogurt

Lunch -  3 oz chicken or tuna with 4-6 saltines

Dinner -  3 oz chicken or fish with 1/4 cup of cooked veggies and 1/8 cup of potatoe or 1 tbl. of rice.

I have been having other things while at friends but I try to limit the off limit items.  I have been taking a bit of b-day cake here and there, but not too much.
SeaCordWay
on 4/21/09 10:21 am
Breakfast during the week: Protein Shake
Breakfast on weekends: 2 poached eggs, 1 slice whole wheat toast
Lunch: tuna or salmon salad, ground turkey, veal or pork in tomato sauce, canned fruit
Snack: protein shake
Dinner: Cod, Salmon, Fillet of sole, shrimp, ground meats, canned soft veggies

I like EAS Advantage shakes. I get them at BJ Wholesale. They are pre-mixed and taste really good.

Also on chewable multi-vitamin, calcium lonzenge, sublinqual B-12

Sometime for a snack I have 4-5 pita chips with some greek yogurt based dip or hummus.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1072 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1100 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 962 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1053 views