Two week countdown...

syllable
on 2/15/10 11:56 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
So we've started the two week countdown until the March group starts having surgery. A little over six weeks from now and all of us will have taken the steps to change our lives forever.

Have any of you started a liquid diet yet? How's that going?

What are your thoughts/feelings as the time draws near?

I don't know about the rest of you, but as nervous as I am...I'm ready to "get this show on the road!"
        A goal without a plan is just a wish.  ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery          
Dana K.
on 2/16/10 1:21 am - Winchester, VA
RNY on 03/01/10 with
I'm ready to get this show on the road too!! I really just want this to be the day after surgery already.
I have not started a liquid diet. Dr. Moazzez said that as long as I lose 5-10 lbs. before surgery, I only have to do clear liquids for 48 hours before surgery. I'm soooo happy about that!!
I had a dream the other night that I didn't lose any weight after surgery....and a bunch of other weird stuff. When I woke up I was in a complete panic! That was the first time I have even felt nervous...but I haven't been able to shake that nervous feeling since.
It seems so surreal that two weeks from now I will have had my surgery. I thought that the time would pass really slowly as I waited, but it's flying by and it's kind-of freaking me out!
socalnascargal
on 2/24/10 6:15 am - Temecula, CA

Dr. Suh has us start soft diet three days before with no meat.  Then 24 hours before it's all liquids.

I'm so very excited to be at this part of my journey.  I feel like I've been working on this for so long and it's finally going to be here in 13 days.  I am a little nervous but the excitement outways the nervousness for now.~mo

socalnascargal

Highest: 252  Consult:  248  Surgery: ??   Goal: 125    Goal to lose: 127
                                                             Height: 5'4"    
melswife
on 2/24/10 7:17 am - Port Orchard, WA
I am on a 1000 calorie a day diet for three weeks prior to my March 11 surgery. I have not received instructions to do an all liquid diet the day before. I've heard lots of people talk about this, as well as a bowel cleansing before surgery. Has everyone else had to do these? I wonder if I should ask, I've been over my materials and no where does it talk about either.

acarey336
on 2/25/10 4:29 am - NE
VSG on 03/09/10 with
I have to do a 10 day liquid only diet which starts this Saturday.  I'm more nervous about that than anything!
swishy
on 2/27/10 12:32 pm - Cibolo, TX
Hi:  When are you going to Dr. Alvarez?  My VSG is scheduled for March 15th.

Michelle
acarey336
on 2/28/10 12:54 pm - NE
VSG on 03/09/10 with
I'm going March 9th.  It's fast approaching!  Are you going to Dr. Alvarez as well?
        Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker    
swishy
on 3/3/10 12:20 pm - Cibolo, TX
Yes, I am going to Dr. Alvarez on the 15th.  Please let me know how you do and maybe we can keep up with each other.  Happy liquids!
i3abydoll
on 2/28/10 2:05 am - Newark, DE
Hey everyone!

My two week countdown starts today and I'm so excited! I'm sick at the moment, so I'm trying to get rid of this head cold/sinus infection so I'll be better for my final surgical clearance on Friday. I'm getting Lap Band done and am a little worried about how I'll deal with a cold in the future. I've been surviving on antibiotics and ibuprofen. I know I won't be able to take the ibuprofen after surgery. I'll just have to deal another way!

I start my liquid diet 48 hours before surgery, and am thinking of things I can eat prior. I've been doing alot of planning because I've realized through my classes that "failing to plan is planning to fail"

As the time is getting closer, I'm wondering how much pain will be involved. Not so much with the exercise and pushing myself, just the whole incision and recovery pain. I've had my knee reconstructed, tonsills and wisdom teeth taken out. I'm just curious.

I'm slightly nervous, but overall thrilled. Excited to go bathing suit shopping for the first time LOL I won't go until I'm a few months out and a couple of sizes down, but yea, actually looking forward to the summer this year!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Searching for Obesity Doctors
programcop · 0 replies · 744 views
How's everyone doing?
Justine L. · 5 replies · 995 views
Leg Pain
Danielle M. · 6 replies · 857 views
Struggling
swisspal · 4 replies · 1153 views