Two weeks

syllable
on 3/14/10 3:45 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
Since my surgery is on the 29th, I've got two weeks to go. Between now and then I've got two weeks of a liquid diet (13 days left), and one day of nothing but clear liquids until my surgery.

I'm not going to complain about my liquid diet. Okay, maybe one complaint: the shakes have a really awful aftertaste. But seriously, I've eaten things with much worse flavors, with a lot more calories, and with no reason at all. This isn't awful, and it's going to help my body get ready for surgery. It's just two weeks of my life, and I know it's not that big of a deal. :)

Anybody else sliding in to home base yet? I can't believe how fast this month is flying by! This is one amazing ride.

A goal without a plan is just a wish.  ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery          
zzroged
on 3/14/10 4:27 pm - United Arab Emirates
Hi good luck with your liquids.  I'm surgery +6 days now and wouldn't look back.  Take Care Debbie
 New Group : UAE_Dubai_Forum for people living in the UAE/Middle East

TT  & Breast Lift Apr 2011 - Inner Thigh Lift & Arm Lift - Jun 2011
      First - 10k Jan 2011 : First - 1/2 Marathon Feb 2011

sjohnson9206
on 3/15/10 4:09 am - Scipio, IN
Good luck!!  What kind of protein drinks do you have?  The ones I use aren't all that bad.

I'm 2 weeks post surgery and I too wouldn't look back.
~Samantha~

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/10 5:17 am - Honolulu, HI
I am on day 8 of liquids...I have my surgery on the 22nd.  Hardest part for me was feeling sluggish and some headaches.  Good Luck!!
syllable
on 3/15/10 8:55 am - Oklahoma City, OK
The shakes I'm on are HMR800. IMHO it's basically an 800 calorie a day pre-surgery doctor-prescribed "crash-diet." I'm almost ashamed to admit that I haven't yet chosen a protein shake for afterwards. I've tried a couple, but I keep changing my mind. I'll probably choose in the last week, and then go buy enough to last a month. (I know I can change my mind later if I hate it, but I'm very frugal and don't want to waste my money.) 

I'm so glad that the doc says we can break it up a bit with some broth, because the are rather cloying. I'm especially grateful for the dill pickles.

Truly I'm not complaining. I'm thrilled to be this close to my date. Someday these two weeks will seem like a blur.

A goal without a plan is just a wish.  ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery          
losriosgirl
on 3/16/10 8:38 am - Wesley Chapel, FL
I suppose I should be happy that I don't have the pre-op diet. I am beginning to gather all my things that I will need. I am scheduled for 3-24....
I am so very nervous and excited at the same time...
Good luck to you!!
What about the dill pickles?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Searching for Obesity Doctors
programcop · 0 replies · 744 views
How's everyone doing?
Justine L. · 5 replies · 995 views
Leg Pain
Danielle M. · 6 replies · 857 views
Struggling
swisspal · 4 replies · 1152 views