light headed & concerned

lindajenkins
on 12/14/08 5:14 pm - Tulsa, OK
Last year in about October I started having light-headedness where it felt like the blood rushs down my system like when you ride a rollar coster ride.  At first it was very seldom, but is happening more frequently.  Was wondering if any other long term post-ops are having this same issue?  My surgery date was April 2002 if that'll help on calculations.  I lost down to 150 and I remain there still to date.  I go up and down a couple of pounds but overall I stay in the 148 - 150 lbs range.  If I drink orange juice it seems to help, in most cases.  I'm starting to get concerned over this since it's happening more often of late.

If you have any suggestions - other than seeing my doctor - let me know.  I'm in Tulsa, OK now and my surgeon is in Nashville, TN and I only go that way 1 or 2 times per year.  I have contacted him and they suggested me finding a local doctor, however they all want to charge me as a new patient and I currently don't have insurance.

Thanks.
Linda
Wendy Johnson
on 4/23/11 10:30 am - Santiago, Chile
Sound as your sugar went low.
White Dove
on 5/16/19 10:52 pm - Warren, OH

You need to see a doctor even if you have to make payments. This is almost certainly low blood sugar. It could be diabetes. Get it checked out.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics
18 years out.
lindajenkins · 0 replies · 134 views
10 years today...Wow
Tanya A. · 0 replies · 756 views
low sodium
cdiss · 0 replies · 802 views
light headed & concerned
lindajenkins · 2 replies · 886 views