Progress 8 months out?

Scott B.
on 12/9/03 2:22 am - Highland Heights, KY
All, I am so thrilled that I had this surgery. When I was officially weighed at my surgeon's (Dr. Derrick J. Martin/Dayton, OH) seminar in February, I weighed 279 lbs. I am now 205 - six pounds from being under 200, which I can't even remember. It's like I have a split personality though. One part of me is thrilled with the weight loss, another part is saying, "why aren't you losing faster?" I religiously drink my protein shakes (at least one a day, if not two or three), drink as much water as possible (not enough most of the time), and go to the gym as much as possible. I am discouraged, though. I feel like I'm not losing fast enough. I want to lose another 65-70 lbs. I feel that this goal is attainable, but I don't know how. Help!!! Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Amy
Susan W.
on 12/10/03 6:06 am - High Desert, CA
Amy, I found this post a little further down on this board (from Caroline Hill) and thought it was good advice: I am a slow looser, but "fitday.com" has helped speed things up. Just keeping track and going low carb, has made things start to move off again. Plus I can keep track of my protien as I could not handel the drinks.. fitday helps me keep track of my vitamins, getting more protien and watching my vitamins has helped me stop loosing hair, and I hope to get my Nails back soon too. I eat one salmon Steak almost every morning,and it has really helped my nutrition. Plus i am getting used to them,and they are not so yuck now.. lol I have a pair of size 12 pants, now.. and Wow they are starting to creep down off my hips already...
Leonita DiCintio
on 12/10/03 9:55 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Amy don't be discouraged! You're doing great as time goes on most people loose much slower. I think it's fabulous and I know how you feel but always remember where we started from and when we were our highest weight what we would of given to be the weight we are today!!!! Take care and keep up the good work, Lee Mott- Canada
Scott B.
on 12/16/03 3:50 am - Highland Heights, KY
Thanks, guys... Just went in and checked the scale... I am now 201!!! 2 more lbs., and I will be under 200...for the first time in I don't know how long!!! My goal is now 125. I feel this is realistic... any thoughts?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Surgery Weight Gain
PA F. · 2 replies · 1105 views
StomaphyX
CFR · 0 replies · 837 views
Alcohol consumption
Bertha A. · 4 replies · 1034 views