United health care of north carolina

Tammy M.
on 10/14/04 6:53 am - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Does anyone know if they will pay for any ot the re-constructive surgery I have alot of skin to have removed since losing all of this weight so fast in the last 18 months. Thanks in advance for any help! Tammy
wealthgvr
on 12/6/04 4:51 am - Edmond, OK
Tammy, I have United Healthcare through a national company. I had an Abdominoplasti and Medial Thigh Lift on 10/06/04 and they paid for both proceedures. The best thing to do is to call the Customer Service Number on your card and ask them if they cover reconstructive surgery. Each plan with United Healthcare is a little different, so it is best to ask them directly on your plan. The Proceedure codes are: 15831-22 (Abdominoplasti) and 15832-50 (Medial Thigh Lift) Also the IC-9 diagnosis code is 729.39 (removal of redundant skin following massive weight loss). Also find out the address to overnight your pre-determination file. I have sample letters for your physicians and yourself if you wish to use them, just email me at wealthgvr@sbcglobal. and I will attach them for your copying pleasure. Hope that helps. Best of luck in your PS endevors. Hugs from Okie Land, Sherry Gates High
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Surgery Weight Gain
PA F. · 2 replies · 1104 views
StomaphyX
CFR · 0 replies · 836 views
Alcohol consumption
Bertha A. · 4 replies · 1032 views