Plastic surgery on 11-29

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/04 2:00 pm - Glen Burnie, MD
11-17-04 So much has been happening! Rick & I went to Lurray, Va. We rented a log cabin & he proposed to me there. He is a very romantic man. I am a very happy woman. I am having my surgery on 11-29. We opted for the full abdominoplasty with all 3 liposuctions. It cost us $10,300. out of pocket. Ins. is paying for the panny part only. I am getting nervous & excited. I am worried about the pain!!!! I am closing my salon down for about 6 weeks. YIKES!!! Oh well, what can I do? I simply must have faith that the good Lord will take care of me. I know that he will. My surgeon says that I should loose 2 clothing sizes.... I currently wear between a 12 & 16, depending on how it is cut. So, I should go down to between an 8 & 12!!! I wore a 9/10 when I got married in 1985 & I was very thin.... That was almost 20 years ago. When I first had this surgery (19 months ago) my dream was to wear a size 9/10!!! I actually have 2 pair of my 'dream jeans' hanging up in my room, so that I can see them each day. They are size 9/10. If, they fit me after my surgery.... I will totally have reached my goal size..... Please keep my surgery & recovery in your prayers. I am planning on taking some 'before surgery' & 'after surgery' pictures. I will try to post them on my profile. It is with much love to my WLS friends that I close for now. May God continue to bless us all! Love & Hugs, Karen
Sarahlicious
on 11/17/04 7:06 am - Portsmouth, OH
Best wishes on your upcoming surgery. I see a surgeon on Monday to discuss a hernia repair...I will ask her which plastic surgeons she works with. She is the head of the Bariactric Program at the hospital. I just moved here from Ohio so I had to find new doctors. I still have 100lbs to lose until I reach my surgeon's goal, but my weight has hovered since May. Sarah Margaret
wealthgvr
on 12/6/04 4:37 am - Edmond, OK
Karen, I forget to check this board. I am in here for the first time in months. Congrats on your reconstruction. How are you feeling? I had an abdominoplasti with muscle tightning and a Medial thigh lift on 10/06. I will tell you that it does get better. I had a lot of pain from days 3-6 but by day 7 I was feeling pretty good again. I guess today is your day 7? My PS actually used a non-narcotic pain pump in my incision site. It was great because it kept the abdominoplasti site numb for the first 3 days. But when it ran out of med..........WOW Look out!! Hope you are feeling great. Hugs from Okie Land, Sherry
Susan W.
on 12/6/04 7:10 am - High Desert, CA
Hi karen! Long time no see! I haven't checked this board in ages, either. I'm glad to see you're so happy! CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement, and also your surgery! How the heck are you feeling?!?!? Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Surgery Weight Gain
PA F. · 2 replies · 1103 views
StomaphyX
CFR · 0 replies · 835 views
Alcohol consumption
Bertha A. · 4 replies · 1031 views