2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TODAY!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/05 3:20 am - Glen Burnie, MD
4-22-05 Happy Birthday to me!!!! Today is my 2 year anniversary from my surgery! I have a very good life, now! I can mascarade as normal. When people look at me, they would never imagine that I used to be morbidly obese. I don't feel compelled to tell everyone about my gastric bypass surgery. However, Mon. I was in Immediate Care for my pneumonia & I did feel compelled to tell an obese young lady my story. I am not ashamed. I am quite proud of the decision that I made to have this life changing surgery. Thank you Dr. Roe!!!! I am maintaining a 106 pound weight loss. Sometimes, even more! I wear mediums & larges. Mostly size 12's & some 14's. I have several things in size 9 that fit me well. My abdominoplasty & liposuction have really brought my SEXY figure back out! I still want to have the breast reduction. It would appear that I will have to pay out of pocket for it. That sucks. My transformation would defiantly be complete after that! When I look at myself, now, the chest is the only thing that still makes me feel big.... I am an attractive normal sized woman now, & dang proud! Life is good. Stressful & probably always will be. But, very doable!!!! I would have this surgery, again, tomorrow if I needed to. It has given me a full life back. Not just a life consumed with eating. But, a full, active life. So, on this day of reflection, I am so very grateful... To God, Dr. Roe, my daughter, my family & friends for all of the love & support that I have been given along this journey. Thank you!
Yvonne P.
on 4/25/05 1:01 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Congratulations to you.....My anniversary was on Sat. April 23rd. I also have no complaints, though my weight loss has been slow, it has been ongoing. To date I have lost 82lbs. I am not complaining because I am gaining muscle by working out daily. It has been a blessing to be able to wear a size 12 again. Like you, if I had to do this surgery all over again, I would. My only regret is that my mother and older sister who both passed away before the age of 44 from complications due to diabetes are not here to share my new life with me. But I know that they are both smiling down on me and are happy that I have taken control of life and my health. I am waiting now for approval from United Health Care on my tummy tuck and small hernia repair. Wish me luck! Again, congrats to you on your new healthy way of living and continue on. Be blessed!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Surgery Weight Gain
PA F. · 2 replies · 1103 views
StomaphyX
CFR · 0 replies · 835 views
Alcohol consumption
Bertha A. · 4 replies · 1031 views