Getting back to the basics

m.e. W.
on 9/18/05 2:32 pm - chicago, il
hello out there in WLS land... i have a question...i am 2 years and 5 months out and chowing down on every carb i can get my hands on...bad, bad girl is what i am...when i went to my 2 year check up my surgeon told me to every once and a while get back to the basics to try and maintain my pouch in working order...he recommended going back on liquids for a week and then softs then full, like when i first had my surgery...easy for him to say...liquid diet is very, very difficult...i'm like was it this hard when i first had surgery, hecky yeah!!! i remember crying because my family was eating all the foods i love and i was sipping on gatorade...the problem is that my body is getting a little flabby now and i don't like it one bit!!! has anyone else tried getting back to the basics? how did that work out??? i need to kick up my exercise and get at least 64 ounces of water in me to live...trying to fill myself up and flush the fat...i'm doing the jamba juice smoothies with water and gatorade...wish me luck i survived today (sunday), let's see what tomorrow brings...
nraptrd
on 9/19/05 10:32 am - Grosse Pointe Park, MI
Hi, There is a WLS Grads forum on this website for those 2 years out. It's a good one and they have a "protein train" thing going with how to do it. Good luck. I'm having the same "carb" problem. It's quite usual I'm finding out. Marilyn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Surgery Weight Gain
PA F. · 2 replies · 1104 views
StomaphyX
CFR · 0 replies · 836 views
Alcohol consumption
Bertha A. · 4 replies · 1032 views