Think I hit my first stall....only 2.5 weeks out????

erin G.
on 5/16/08 5:44 am - worcester, MA
Okay, had surgery on april 29th. At my first post op appt last friday, which was 10 days out, I had lost 18 pounds. But since last week I have not lost anything else. Can I really be in my first stall at only 2 and a half weeks out. This is so sad to me lol. I am actually thinking to myself " What if this is it, what if I don't lose anymore?" I know that is prob not the truth, but I feel that way lol.....has this happened to anyone else? Need some cheering up lol.
adakbride
on 5/16/08 9:32 am - anchorage, AK
HI I had my surgery on 4/24 and feel the same way. I am down 20lbs and haven't lost any this week. I usually count my loss as of thursdays, but this week I only lost 1 lb. I have been exercising all week so that may have something to do with it. Did you loss any weight before surgery? I have heard it takes a little longer to loss if you did before surgery (I lost 30lbs before surgery). Just keep going, I'm right there with you and we will loss together. Sharon
ATL Diva 2009
on 5/17/08 11:23 am - Lawrenceville, GA
My nutrionist said you could stall at any point as long as it wasn't for oever 3 weeks. You're still starving your body and its wondering what the hell is going on. give it another week or so if you're still stalling check with your nutrionist.
jenna37
on 5/18/08 10:33 pm - Acworth, GA
OMG! I had surgery the same day and I am at a 16-17 lb stall. You took my feeings right out of my mouth. I feel the same way. I keep thinking Oh please don't let me have gone through all of this for less then 20lbs. It can't be though. It just can't. Somthing's got to give!
mggolf
on 5/19/08 10:08 am
Erin Hang in there -- I had my surgery 4/23 and my second week I was stuck --- but 5 days later I stepped on the scale and was pleasantly suprised to see I lost 7 pounds. Think about it... hardly eating anything and doing Exercises daily --- sooner or later it will come off! Hang in there it will come!
Lisalu
on 5/20/08 1:02 am
Hi! I also had my surgery on April 29th and the weight loss has slowed way down. I think I lost a total of 3 pounds this wee****ep reading on this board that a lot of people experience this around the 3 week mark, but wow is it hard!! It is so easy to start slipping back to that old frame of mind where you think that no matter what you do, it will never happen. We just have to keep our chin up and hope for the best! Good luck to you! Lisa
Keltic_Princess
on 5/20/08 11:35 am - Canada
Your not alone my weight loss stalled last week.I am hoping this week will see huge changes.I had my surgery april 18/08.
Keltic_Princess
on 5/20/08 11:35 am - Canada
Your not alone my weight loss stalled last week.I am hoping this week will see huge changes.I had my surgery april 18/08.
Christina K.
on 5/20/08 4:18 pm - San Gabriel, CA
Remember that we are girls, we retain water, have periods, etc. etc. I'm on my 5th week out and lost all together 30 lbs, and this week past week I only lost 3 pounds, but I have my period, last month I also stall, and then a 5 lbs all together in one day. Just keep going, follow the diet and drink your fluids, proteins and take your vitamins, remember that your weight loss depends on your proteins intake. Good luck I'm here for you Chris
spiritualchef
on 5/22/08 1:48 am - NY
Don't just weigh, but measure also!! I had my surgery on April 1, I have lost 45 pounds. I go for days and days without losing then drop 5 to 6 at a time. I measure too and sometimes when the scales are not moving the inches are!! I have lost 8.5 on hips and 9.5 waste!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1007 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 732 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 940 views