Hi everyone............

3grlsmom
on 5/18/08 11:50 am
Hi everyone.......... My name is Karen and I live in New Jersey. I am happily married and have 3 daughters. I am 51 and have been about 60 lbs overweight FOREVER. I did diet successfully - many times and always gained back plus some. I got my lapband on April 16th and had really bad gas pains - nothing else. I did liquids and mushies for 3 weeks and got a fill last Tuesday. It did not hurt at all ( I am a BIG baby)....At that time I was down 12 lbs. I got 3cc's and drank my water in the waiting room. I thought I was gonna die ~ the water just sat in my throat. The dr. then removed 1cc. and I went back to my water. Again, the pressure was intense and I began to cry. He removed 1/2 cc and you could hear the water go down (like rotor rooter)!! I drove home and kept salivating and my eyes kept tearing. I was all about to go for a little more unfill and my friend (banded 1 yr. ago) called me and said it to wait it out for a day and I did. The next day I was great - RESTRICTION FINALLY! Well, now it is 5 days later and I honestly feel like I am barely restricted!! I have eaten the things allowed (and some NOT) and have had NO "stuck" feeling at all. I had a small piece of bread tonight with no problem. Yes, I do get full faster, but compared to what I have read - either I am super lucky with not much gag reflex OR I have very little restriction. Not sure at all. My next dr. appt is in 3 weeks and I dont even own a scale. I wish I had kept that last cc. though~ nice to meet you all.
LauraCLT
on 5/22/08 4:38 am - Newbury Park, CA
Welcome, Karen! We try to check into this board every now and then and keep everyone posted. Thanks for your great post! Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1007 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 732 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 940 views