Any other April Bandsters - 8 months out...

Braven05
on 12/4/08 11:02 pm - Syracuse, NY
Was banded on April 2nd...just a little over 8 months now.  Just wondering if there are any other Bandsters out there from April?  I feel like I was ahead of the game for the first few months and now I'm behind because I've lost maybe 6 or 7 lbs in the last 3 months or so....or feels like it anyways.  8 months out and down 61 lbs.  I've got 4.5 ccs in my 10 cc band...so I still need more fill...but I'm not scheduled for one until January 2nd after the holidays!

I started my pre-op diet 1 year ago on December 9th - 4 days from now.  Was hoping to make it to 80 lbs lost in a year but I'm hovering around 78 lbs, darnit! lol  I guess any way I look at that its impressive.  But to look at rny'ers that are 6-8 months out and have dropped 100+ lbs is slightly discouraging, even though I got the lapband because it was slow.

Anyways, how are other April Bandsters doing??
342/325/237/150
Consult/Surgery/Current/Goal
4 fills/2 unfills - 4 cc in my 10 cc band
drgnfly
on 12/5/08 1:54 am - Silverton, OR
I was banded on March 31st, and I total hear your frustration! I have been stuck at 205, until I had another fill about 3 weeks ago. I am down to 200, ALMOST under the 200 mark. I have been trying to look at how I feel and how my clothes are fitting rather than the scale.

I too have a difficult time with finding someone to discuss things regarding the band in my area. I also just moved and ha vent found a close support meeting to attend. So I have been trying to pop on here and see what others are doing.

Please feel free to send me a personal message anytime, I would love to talk with you thru the holidays!

Warm wishes!
KrisB909
on 12/10/08 1:31 am - Bloomingdale, NJ
Well that makes three!  I had my band on April 7th and it seems the first 50 breezed by and now i am at 59.5 and each pound takes forever to come off.

I guess we should be happy with the weight loss at all..I know on weigh****chers it took me ayear of losing to lose 20 because i couldn't stick to it!
Angelaaangie
on 12/12/08 1:29 am - Newark, NJ
Add me to the list.  I haven't lost a thing in weeks, but I feel and look pretty darn good
If you have any suggestions, please post it
Carol422
on 1/2/09 9:57 pm - Orland Park, IL
I just noticed this post started almost a month ago. I don't usually post on this forum but decided to check it out today.

I too am losing slowly, very slowly. I wi**** was faster but it is not. I'm glad to have lost the weight I've already lost. I have 7.9cc's in my band. Somedays I have good restriction and others I feel I can eat everythign, but I try hard not to. I was hoping to be at least 199 by the new year...ha ha ha....I've still got 18-22 pounds to go depending on what day it is. I'm so tired of the weight fluctuations too. 
Carol

jojoplus2
on 1/15/09 2:20 am - MN
I was banded 4-17-08. I'm one of the slow losers too. That's okay by me. What I'm excited about is how much easier it is to maintain what I have lost pre and post surgery!

Jojoplus 2 aka Joanie
Total unfil 8-19-10 -4.6ccs
Refill 8-30-10 to 2.5ccs
2nd Refill 9-20-10 to 3.55ccs

Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1007 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 732 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 940 views