10 months out

nascar24n48
on 2/15/09 5:12 am, edited 2/15/09 5:18 am
Tomorrow will be 10 months out. Preop 242 and down to 134. BMI is now 22.8 and in the NORMAL range!!!!  Only jumping on the scale about twice a week.  For the first time in my life I don't even think about the scale.  Been thinking alot lately about "set weight."  Dr. Suh said at my 9 month appointment that he would like to see me at 120 at my one year postop (based on my height and bone structure ) and that there is usually a 5-10 pound bounce back and that 130 should be my set point.  I honestly think that 120 is way too low. Of course Dr. Suh was on my case about not exercising. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.  I am feeling great and loving every lost pound.   Down from a size 22 to a solid size 4.  I do not count calories but I do count protein every day to make sure I am upwards of 80-100.  I am doing 2 Nectar protein drinks, 3 meals and 2 snacks a day.  Maintaining with no problem and no effort.    I am sure that will change and at some point  and I will have to work at it to maintain. For now I am just enjoying the ride.Can eat meat and chicken well.   I can eat a few bites of pasta, rice, or potatoes with no problems.  Eggs sit like rocks in my pouch so I avoid them. Fluid milk gives me diarrhea but I can do  all other dairy just fine.  Love cheese!  No constipation problems.  I get mild diahrrhea if I eat too much fat.  Too scared to try too much sugar and find out I dump like a Tonka truck :)  
Still have not vomited! Not even once! Zero complications! Zero regrets!

Lots of people have been asking about skin.  Yes, my stomach looks great. I attribute that to the fact I carried my weight all over verses the apple shaped.  My boobs are now  "toddler tube socks filled with lemons" but those can be dealt with a great underwire bra. My inner thighs have lots of extra skin. I knew they would be as I always had thunder thighs.  I see board shorts as my bathing suit choice for the summer.  I honestly have no desire to do plastics.  Maybe that will change in the future I don't know but for now I would gladly take a little extra skin instead of 100+ extra pounds!!!

Curious to see how the other April 2008 post ops are doing.

Preop 242  Height 5'4"  Current: 145 Want to get back to 135. ZERO Complications! ZERO Vomiting  (Chew, chew, chew)! ZERO Regrets!

kcas16
on 2/15/09 6:54 am - Brooklyn, NY
I will be 10 months out on the 21st of the month.  I have lost 123lbs and have had no complications.  I did have to have my gallbladder out in December but that was no big deal. 
I have been able to eat pretty much everything but have been very careful with sugar.  I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day, I do one protein shake a day.
I go to the gym 4 times a week.
As for skin issues I too carried my weight all over so my stomach is not to bad.  My thighs are my worst and I am working on my arms.  My boobs could use an intervention but I am not sure about plastics, see what the future holds.

I am off all my medications and could not be happier.  I can crawl around on the floor with my grandson and enjoy life(mine and his)

So glad to hear you are doing so well. 
Congrats on all your success

Have a great day

Karen

265/258.9/145/128
preop/surgery/goal/current

doreenh
on 2/15/09 7:12 am - Meredith, NH
Hi Everyone,
I will be 11 months on the 1st.  Day of the surgery I was 280, today I'm at 155. I now have a "normal" BMI .  I've been stuck at 155 since around the 1st of the year.  I'd like to lose another 10 pounds but maybe this is where my body had decided it wants to be.  I'm still obsessed with the scale, I weigh every morning and every night.  I'm not as obsessed about what I'm eating, probably why I'm staying the same. If I want something, I eat it however a bite or two now satisfies me. I can eat just about anything, I've been lucky and don't have normal dumping.  If I eat too much or fast I feel like crap. 

I have become addicted to clothes shopping.  I love the clearance racks.  When I was a 28 the options were limited, now I have tons of choices and am getting unbelievable bargains. I am still amazed that I'm wearing medium shirts and size 8 pants.  I know in my head that's my size but I still see fat me.  Someone that didn't know me presurgery called me skinny the other day and started saying not me.

I've also become "girly".  I'm getting my hair and nails done. etc. I'm buying shoes that I never would have bought in the past.  I now have 3 pairs of black boots.

I'm going the end of the month for a consult  at a teaching hospital to do my bat wings and maybe my breasts.  My arms really bother me so that's what I am definitely getting done, the boobs are depending on the price.  It would be nice if I could keep them in a bra, then I wouldn't bother.  I'm hoping for rashes so my insurance will pay for my tummy.

It's been an amazing 10 months. I am so happy I had this surgery.  It was the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Shelli61
on 2/15/09 7:53 am - Evans, GA
I was 10 months out on Saturday.  I have lost from 249 to 132.  I would like to lose more because of the bounce back effect but I really am happy were I am.  Wearing 4-6 pants and 6-8 tops.  have absolutely no regrets.  I am off insulin and blood pressure medicine but I now have reflux.  Minimal inconvenience compared to all I have gained.  Wish I could say my skin looked ok but genetically I was doomed from the start.  This 47 years old body needs some major work.  My DDD's are now C's.  I am now focusing on gaining some muscle and definition.  I am quite suprised at how much muscle tone I have lost.  Eating 1200-1300 calories per day and aim for 100+ gms of protein.  No significangt hairloss and never miss my vitamins.  Shelli
ATL Diva 2009
on 2/16/09 5:34 am - Lawrenceville, GA
I was 10 months as of Saturday. Preop-299 now 168 witha BMI of 24! I haven't weighed in about 2 weeks as my scale battery died and keep forgetting to get one from Wal-Mart.  My NUT would like me to get down to about 160 and I have decided that I will not "sabatoge" and eat more nor will I work at getting to the 160 if my body wants to go there I will let it but I won't force it because I think that would put my 5'10 frame in a size 6 and I'm not trying to get there.  I would like to lose another 5 lbs maybe to account for bounce back weight.

I normally try for  about 60 grams of protein  and get anywhere between 60-70 grams and I average about 900-1100 calories a day. I don't exercise as umuch as I should bu since I'm now looking at definition I've beent rying to work out at least 2-3 days a week. No meds at all and have been diligent about my vitamins since day 1 out of surgery.

HW 299/PS 286/CT 155 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
)

carolinern
on 2/16/09 1:21 pm - Toledo, OH

I am 10 months out on the 16th.  I am down about 140#, and was so hoping to be under 200 by now, but I just can't seem to get there.  I know I won't hit my goal of 170# by my year, but I do hope to get there some day.  I know I had a lot more to lose than most, and am happy for the most part.  I still get bummed each time I chart my weight on Mondays, and it still starts with a 2!!!  

I have dropped from a size 24 pant to an 18, and those are getting a little big.  I have dropped from a 5x shirt to a 1x.  Being able to buy clothes in just about any store is great!!! 

I am hoping that as the weather gets nicer and warmer I will be a little more active outside that might help jump start the wt loss again.  I still go to they gym a few times a week, but I don't enjoy it as much, because I hate being cold when I walk out!!! 

Good luck to my fellow April WLS folks!!

Caroline

MY JOURNEY BEGINS...

heavenleighrose
on 2/16/09 11:21 pm - Rockville, MD
Alright so my 10 month was Feb. 9th. I am 198 down from 331 so a total loss of 133. I too can eat pretty much anything but avoid sugar because i did have a moment of weakness and ate about 5 bites of my son's ice cream and it was bad. So thankfully i don't do that anymore. If i eat something fried (like a handful of french fries) i delay dump and the next morning can be hell. So again i eat those. Have had only a minor complication with a follow up surgery to look around. nothing major. did get a nice week off work tho. I am down from a 28 to a comfortable 14. My goal is 165 before plastics. My skin is horrible around my mid section. Boobs have held up alright. Still a solid D.

So all in all i feel amazing!
Amy
bridgetann1961
on 2/17/09 11:28 pm - Parkersburg, WV
I was 10 months on the 8th.  I'm down from 425 to 163.  I don't want to lose anymore.  I'm very very happy right where I'm at.  I figure if I had my excess skin removed I would be well below goal..and I'm not going to have that done.  For financial reasons..would be nice but I'm very good at covering it up.  I'm in a size 10 which totally flabbergasts me.   I've literally had no complications..Very few eppisodes of vomiting and no diarhea.   The only times I got sick was because I had done something really stupid like not hydrating before eating or eating too fast or not chewing enough.   Hope everyone else is as happy as I am....Blessings to all...Bridget
amitya
on 2/25/09 2:09 am - Alvin, TX
I am at my goal on the 23rd Feb -- 140 lbs.  I have lost a total of 122 pounds and am happy with my current weight.  I stalled out for the last 3 months then all of the sudden last week lost 7 pounds.  I guess my body isnt done yet.  I am saving up for plastics (TT & BL) for 2010.  Per my husband I have gone from a 38D to a 34 LONG!  LMAO.  

I am feeling great and would have my RNY over again 1 million times if it meant keeping my life like this.

Amity
262start/140current/140goal
RNY 4/21/08

DCGirl26
on 3/5/09 5:41 pm - London, UK
 10 months and can't complain. I'm down 135 pounds from a high of 337. Looking forward to being in onederland by my birthday (March 26) and would LOVE to be at 185 by my one year (April 28). So impressed with all of your progress, keep up the amazing work! 

Back on track as of 11/1/2014

341/183/263/150
HW/LW/CW/GW

Weight loss goal:
Back to Onederland by 3/26/2015

Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1007 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 732 views
2 yr surgiversary!