I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruth A.
on 6/2/08 7:29 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Woohoooooooooooo! I ran my first mile without walking part of it - yay me. My goal was to be able to run a mile by my 2nd anniversary which was May 31st - and this was my first workout since then, so yay I did it. It took me 12.5 mins to run it - then I walked 0.5 mile before the rest of my workout of weight circuit then 10 minutes on the cross trainer. And the thing that got me through to the end of the mile was the thought of Deanna running 5 miles with cramps recently. I kept thinking that if she can do that then I can certainly get through 1 mile with my legs slightly hurting and being out of breath. So a HUGE thank you to you Deanna - you have always been my inspiration and I hope I continue to follow in your running footsteps.
Deanna34
on 6/2/08 8:26 am - Salem, OR
OH MY GOSH!!!! Ruth, you did it!!! I am so proud of you!!! Do you know that the very first mile is the toughest by far? I always, always struggle through my first mile and then things start to loosen up from there. Just think, you will be running 2 miles before you know it! You just opened up a whole new world to yourself! You NEED to sign up for a 5K event ... if you can run 1 mile, you can run 3 miles ... you totally can do it! And, you get this huge sense of accomplishment when you complete your races ... you will love the high you get from it! I'm so excited for you! Hurray, you are a RUNNER Ruth! A runner!!! --Deanna
Ruth A.
on 6/2/08 7:31 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Thanks SOOOO much Deanna. When I read you calling me a runner I almost cried. I've waited all my life for this - I've always dreamed of running and I'm finally doing it. I have heard that the first mile is the hardest which is why I was so driven to reach that goal. I'm hoping I can keep it up and join you in a 5k any day soon. We dont' have many around here so I'm going to have to do a search. How long did it take you to build upto your first 5k? I'm going to hit the gym 3 times from now on rather than just 2 times. Thanks again for all your encouragement and inspiration hugs, Ruth
AndiCandy
on 6/2/08 8:02 pm - NY
hmmmm i didn't realize that the first mile is the hardest, i usually poop out and don't push myself but i'm wondering if i'm selling me short by not pushing through it. HMMMM you may have just opened up a new option for me. this summer i'm taking ZUMBA (you have to google it, i'm in love) and it's the toughest thing and I don't do it all correctly but i love it something fierce and it makes my heart race like a thoroughbred. ANDI
Ruth A.
on 6/3/08 5:17 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
You know what, I really do think if you push through it it gets easier. That's what's happened yesterday and today. Today I thought I'd need to stop after running 3 minutes, but I strong willed myself through it and then it did get easier. Weird huh? Now I've just got to convince myself to push through and complete the second mile... You go girl with that zumba - who cares if it's not correct - as long as you dont' injure yourself and enjoy it. Get that heart into the weight losing zone...
Katherine A.
on 6/12/08 2:02 am - Klein, TX
way to go
Most Active