Update

Holly2212
on 6/4/08 1:48 pm - Victoria, Canada
So I am officially retired from fostering now. My last kid moved yesterday. I had crap for dinner because I did not have to cook or have anyone to role model eating for. I figure this last month has been a write off so one last weird meal was in order. One of my kids moved out on the first of May, he moved into a recieving home (where kids go when they are in crisis, a home with not too many rules or expectation, full of kids in crisis) my second kid moved out into a good placement on the 11 of May and he is doing well. My third kid was unlucky and they couldn't find him a home, except for the recieving home and with his FASD I figured that he would not be able to manage, so I took him for a holiday to Whitehorse Yukon (3000KM and a ferry ride from Victoria) We left on May 11 and came home on May 30. My knees didn't care for the drive, but I was able to do it and that made me happy. When we got back, I found out that the government had not found him a new home so I kept him for a while longer in my new place (a shared place with another woman) and he finally got a new home yesterday. Now I have to find a job, arrange for my practicum for school and get on with my life. It feels strange to not have a bunch of little bodies to be responsible for... I am sure that I will get used to it, but it sure feels strange. I have to get back to physio tomorrow, I think that I did too much driving that far and camping and walking and and and... It was sure nice to go back home, I didn't do as much as I would have liked to do, but I managed enough, we even went to two different hotsprings pools. So hopefully things will settle down to a dull roar for a little while, Holly
Ruth A.
on 6/6/08 6:37 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi Holly good to hear from you. Big changes for you, but I'm glad you are taking time for Holly. How did the physio go the other day? It feels very strange when you first stop fostering doesn't it, but I found I quickly got used to having spare time with no visits, appointments etc etc etc to schedule. I hope you 'find your feet', and the next step in your journey. Heal body mind and spirit then you can focus on healing the eating. hugs, Ruth
AndiCandy
on 6/11/08 7:28 am - NY
(((((((((((holly))))))))))))) G*D be with you at this time and always sugar! Please take care of yourself, you're the only you we've got here. I just wanted you to know that i've missed you on the boards. ANDI
Most Active