Calling All Posters/Lurkers/What Nots

AndiCandy
on 7/20/08 6:54 am - NY
Hello Folks! Just wondering how everyone's summer is going? Things here are status quo, i've been working hard and keeping myself busy, probably not in a good way but it is what it is. We go visit the kids next weekend and the weekend after that is my nephews bar mitzvah which should be just fabulous! Tell me what's new and exciting in your world or what's bringing you down or making you just making you melancholy! let's see if we can pump some life into this board it just about seems to be flat lining. ANDI
Trixie517
on 7/20/08 11:46 am - San Marcos, CA
Hi Andi, Not much happening here...pretty much the same stuff. My oldest son (17) bought a car so I am in the process of teaching him to drive. Yes, it is the scariest thing ever but I admit that I am tired of running him back and forth to work and whatnot. My younger son (13) is a hermit...trying to get him to do some fun stuff this summer is a challenge. I'm really trying to exercise and stuff. Have a new gym friend so that is good cause it makes me accountable. Have made it 4-5 times a week for the past couple. He is a real beginner so I find myself not working as hard as I could. Or not doing the machines I would prefer so I can support him by exercising next to him. I am still trying to get up really early (5:15am) to take a spin class. I have been trying since May...hee, hee. Only made it once! On the eating front, today I started the 5 day pouch test. I hope I can get through it. Once I get back to work the temptations will be really hard...we usually eat out everyday. I am not and have not gained any weight but can't seem to lose this last 20lbs. So, figure I will try it again. Found a low carb slimfast shake (and I am not a fan) ...190 calories, 9 grams of fat, 6 carbs (only 2 net), with 20 grams of protein. Doesn't taste too bad and figure it's an ok substitute for a protein shake at work. What do you guys think? On the medical front, I was having some severe cramping/spasms in my abdomen and it took me to urgent care 3 times. Blood tests showed anemia at one point, an infection which was treated with antibiotics at another. It comes and goes with no real relation to food. I was scared that it was a blockage or something but don't really know. My doc. finally ordered a CAT scan...well let me tell you the Barium is nasty and it's not easy for us to drink 4 big bottles as fast as they would like...but I got through it and will get results later this month. Although, I have not had any issues in a couple of weeks...of course. That's about all I can think of...I agree this board has been DEAD...come on folks! Trish
Ruth A.
on 7/20/08 3:49 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hey Trish I'm with you on losing that last 20 pounds - but hey, we haven't gained it so that's a huge plus in my book. I'm sorry to hear you have ben going through the mill lately - let us know the results of your tests - you must be very worried. hugs, Ruth
AndiCandy
on 7/25/08 7:26 am - NY
any results of the cat scan yet? Do you need a second opinion: golden retriever eyeballing you up and down? How goes the driving with the oldest guy? Isn't it interesting that my 13 year old is pulling that odd hermit thing and he's in a bunk with 11 other boys his age, good luck with that son! Hugs, ANDI
Trixie517
on 7/28/08 8:16 am - San Marcos, CA
results of the CAT scan showed everything was working normally...so now I got a referral to a GI doc. to have some testing on my colon. Something is causing my tum tum to spasm so we will see.
AndiCandy
on 7/28/08 9:39 am - NY
best of luck wit h that, please keep up posted. ANDI
Ruth A.
on 7/20/08 3:54 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi Andi our schools don't break up til Wednesday so a few more days yet - I'm working til Friday then Sat we go on holiday camping. I'm not looking forward to it as it's been sooooo cold here. We still have our heating on some days and I still have an electric blanket on my bed and use it from time to time!!! We have no summer yet... Life is hard at the moment, but I'm getting through it without eating my way through it, although this weekend was pretty bad food wise. Today is a new week and I will not go down the route of sabotaging myself even if others are trying to destroy my world by thinking the worse of me. Hugs Ruth
AndiCandy
on 7/25/08 7:28 am - NY
Are you going camping tomorrow? I'd like to wish you a wonderful vacation, it's no less then you deserve. Remember to do your daily devotionals and to accept what life throws at you with your usual smile and giggle. ANDI ps. i'll be praying the weather holds out for you.
Katherine A.
on 7/25/08 4:38 am - Klein, TX
it is nice and hot and sunny here in Washington State. taking the kids to the swimming pool nearly every day. we have gone to museums and craft days at the park, to the farmers market and to the state historical parks and visitor centers. more of the same for the next 4 weeks.
AndiCandy
on 7/25/08 7:24 am - NY
That sounds like you are having an awesome time out in Washington! Refresh my memory please, why do you go to Washington State for so long each year? I love the farmers markets up here, I try to go to a different towns each week to see what local stuff they've got going on! Last weekend was the freshest corn i've ever eaten, I ate half an ear and I usually share the other half with my husband who has that and his own ear and this time i wrapped it up for another day it was that good! Be Well and enjoy your vacation, ANDI
Most Active