Tough To Post This

AndiCandy
on 8/27/08 7:49 pm - NY
Hi Folks! Just wonderiing how everyone is doing? All here is status quo. I have been having some heart palpitations lately so they are running a battery of tests, they'll probably find it is stress related. Anyone finding they are no longer putting themselves first and that's becomming a problem? I serve everyone else first and by the time i sit down it's time to clean up so I eat a little something and keep on goinng but i'm hungry in about a 1/2 hour and I wonder if i've eaten. i SO remember that happening when i was morbidly obese. At some point it became OK for me to not get in all of my fluids and then wonder why i feel icky all day long.  I am leading a more sedentary life and then wondering why my weight is creeping back up, nothing tragic but nothing i'm proud of either. I guess writing this down is helping me be accountable. At some point I have to put the brakes on and say I COME FIRST, but at what point?Anyone else out there having some similar issues or am I alone in this? What's the answer, I know the answer but does anyone have a simpler answer? Hugs, ANDI
Dream it Live it
1pigflygif.gif
When Pigs Fly
Ruth A.
on 8/30/08 9:43 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi Andi

yes yes yes...I am right there with you. We know what to do, it's the doing it that's hard.

BUT, both you and I know that we CAN do it.  I am going to come on here every day, looking for support and willing to give support for you and anyone else who needs it right now.  We were all here for each other in the early days - I find I still need the support to keep on the road.

We are going to think about our meals beforehand, so that we dont' grab something quick and easy.  We are going to be more active if we aren't already and we are going to make small changes that will grow into big changes in our lives.

We are no longer going to give ourselves the left overs - that is no good for us or anyone else.  If we treat ourselves right, then we have the best to give those around us.

OK, I'm off my soap box.  Who is going to join me?  I'll see you on here tomorrow Andi - we can do this together.

hugs, Ruth

Amy W.
on 5/9/09 11:55 pm - Jackson, NJ
I totally feel your pain.......I am having exactly the same problem. Maybe it is time to just say NO....to everyone. As I am writing this....my 14 year old is asking me for 10 bucks to buy a part for his R/C car!!! They never stop asking for money and never want to do anything to earn it. Anyway....back to the subject. You are right....we don't take enough time out for ourselves and at some point I suppose we have to step back and take a break. I have had the palpitations as well. but am also attributing it to stress, but maybe it is our vitamin or mineral levels....it is time for a check up....I go on Wednesday. I am making a promise to tell the surgeon all of my symptoms....hopefully he will give me some much needed advice. Good luck to you all.
Most Active