Fabulous Friday

Ruth A.
on 9/4/08 4:51 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Well yesterday I did not stop eating until I finally hauled my @ss to the gym for the first time in weeks over the summer, and decided that I'd had more than my quota of calories for a week let alone a day!  Probably didn't actually eat too many calories if I think about it, but did keep eating...grr I hate it when that happens - hasn't for ages (months and months).  I feel so out of control and what it was like pre wls.

BUT...the good news is that I did 1 hour of cardio - burnt up 300 calories, and did finally stop eating.

Enjoy your weekend if I dont' get around to posting.  Keep active and on top of your game.

Hugs,

Trixie517
on 9/5/08 10:47 am - San Marcos, CA

I am soo bad at the fluid thing...only take my vit's half the time.  It's not like thats the HARD part of this journey...silly.

Anyway, was doing pretty well and then it got stressful at work so my breakfast consisted of cookies...yes plural...cookies...like 3 big ones.

Still been enjoying my nightly glass of wine and I swear the alcohol relaxes the pouch and allows me to put more into it...I may be crazy but I think this is correct...at least for me.  What's a girl to do? 

Trish

Ruth A.
on 9/5/08 5:50 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi Trish

I SO hear ya on the cookie thing. I remember the days when one crumb wouldn't pass my lips...groan, why did I go down this path.

On the wine front, thankfully I can't drink alcohol so don't have that problem to deal with too!!!

It all sounds so easy in theory doesnt' it, but doing it is another matter...

Enjoy your weekend

AndiCandy
on 9/5/08 7:26 pm - NY
I am going to make some changes at work that are going to ensure that I am more emotionally "with it". I have found that i'm reverting back to my old ways but now i'm not eating meals i'm eating just a few mini chocolate bars so it all "evens out" it doesn't even out I don't feel well. I think i'm going to start packing my meals again so I have nothing to blame it on. I have been doing ok with the fluids and getting in my vitamins for the last few days. Andi
Dream it Live it
1pigflygif.gif
When Pigs Fly
Ruth A.
on 9/6/08 12:42 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Good plan Andi - forward thinkking always is a good idea and prevents trip ups.  I try to fool myself into thinking that having a cookie instead of a proper lunch is ok as it all balances out, but we both know it doesn't work like that.

reeree89
on 9/5/08 10:09 pm
Ruth,
  Your post are always so honest and real. I'm having the same issues right now! It's like...I know better then to grab the cookies, I know they will make me sick..etc...but I still do it. I think I need to go back to basics...I have started the ":not even hungry" eating too. I need to get back on track and stop this self destructive behavior...Once again, thanks hun for letting me know...I'm not alone....

Hugs
Maria
Ruth A.
on 9/6/08 12:41 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
You're welcome Maria 

I alwasy think that if I'm going through it then I'm sure that someone else is too!  I'm glad that you realise you are NEVER on your own...

Very well put - destructive behaviour.  Do I let my daughter get away with destroying her toys?  No I get on her case about treating things right.  Well, I'm destroying my body and emotions when I dont' eat right so I need to get on my case too and think like an adult and not my inner child who wants everything now with no consequences.

Thanks for your insite

AndiCandy
on 9/6/08 12:47 am - NY
AMEN SISTAHS i'm right there with you and i don't feel alright so it's time to step back and taken an emotional inventory and discard what isn't useful and do what i know is right. ANDI
Dream it Live it
1pigflygif.gif
When Pigs Fly
Most Active