Recent Posts

Kim C.
on 8/17/08 5:57 pm - London, Canada
Topic: RE: Happy 2nd Anniversary Everyone!!!!
Happy days to you too! Loving my new life!
Kim C.
on 8/17/08 5:55 pm - London, Canada
Topic: RE: Anyone having problems with Anemia?
Welcome to my world! I have been battling anemia for some time now. I am on daily 2ml Dexiron injections. I have now gotten to the point that i do them myself. This is not my permanent answer, we are researching other ways of managing it. contact me if you would like. Kim
MacArthurBug
on 7/31/08 12:55 am - KY
I don't really know what iron you're on. I take an easily absorbed iron, along with a chewable pre-natal vit. IT seems like I'm putting too much iron in my body, but due to malabsorption my iron levels are just barely where they should be. This is STILL preferable, to me anyway, then liquid vits and liquid iron. As long as my labs are normal I'm happy. I'm wondering why your doc isn't willing to try anything else- the loss of iron can result in loss of muscle tissue, or a weakening of the heart.
CyndiU
on 7/16/08 11:23 am - Hartford, SD
Topic: RE: My day!
CONGRATULATIONS on 2 years post...it is a wonderful feeling, but I am finding some old habits starting to creep in. I wish you many, many more successful surgiversaries.
CyndiU
on 7/16/08 11:20 am - Hartford, SD
Topic: RE: Can't make-up my mind!!!
If I could swing it financially I would say to do both now. With the prices continuing to climb, who knows what it will be like in even a year. Good luck, let us know what you decide. I am jealous - wish I was looking at PS, but it probably won't happen anytime soon.
W. Wait
on 7/16/08 3:55 am
I was really really low in Iron I was put on a prescri Iron but then I had a change of Insurance and the new insurance wouldnt pay. My OBYGN who has had the surgery also recommended Prenatal Vitamins which have extra Iron. If I were you I'd ask about getting put on prenatal vitamins. They have improved my iron count and all other counts and put a end to the amount of vitamins/pills I have to take a day.
Jennifer K.
on 7/13/08 11:27 pm - Phoenix , AZ
Topic: RE: Can't make-up my mind!!!
Honestly, I would get them both done now if you can... why have two surgeries when you can have just one? If you can save up enough or afford the financing I say go for it - if its a stretch to get both and financially it doesnt make sense then I say to wait. If you could save up enough to have them both done but would have to wait 6 more months I would consider that too - I know you want to have the arms done now, I dream about PS every day - but if waiting is best then consider that too. lol... so many options
***AlyCat ***
on 7/12/08 11:22 pm - Panama City, FL
Topic: Can't make-up my mind!!!
So I went & saw the plastic surgeon on Friday 7/11/08 he was great.... I am for sure going to have him do my work! Here is the problem.. I went see him about getting just my arms done (for now that is) well now I am thinking about getting both my arms & boobs done at the same time... I really, really want to get both done, but its $9500.00 for both or $5600.00 for just the arms. That's A LOT of money!!! I can't make up my mind so why don't you tell me what you think!!! If I was to just get my arms done I would save around $3900.00 & have to wait like 1 or 2 yrs before getting my boobs done... When I do get them done it would be around $5500.00 (at today's prices)... SO HELP... Would you put out all that $ now to get both done or would you get just your arms done & save a little money?
CyndiU
on 7/7/08 7:33 am - Hartford, SD
I'm not sure...but am having some problems with my tummy (I think). My tummy starts hurting if it is empty; but then after I eat it hurts too. I might be eating the wrong things - but I've tried all different things. I have noticed some signs of anemia; but haven't been into my doc. He didn't say anything about a two year check up - do most of WLs do yearly check ups? Just wondering if I should check with him.
heathermp
on 6/24/08 3:24 am - Waunakee, WI
Topic: Anyone having problems with Anemia?
I've been having a lot of symptoms from being Anemic, and iron pills don't seem to be helping... doctor doesn't want to try anything different... any one have any ideas?
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 627 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 721 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 805 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 658 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 714 views