Recent Posts

mellasmomma0709
on 6/5/11 12:28 pm - IL
Topic: RE: 5 Yrs out and lovin it!
Happy 5 year surgiversary!!!! You had rocked this thing and you look great!!!!! And Im so happy for you and your TT its gonna be awesome!!!
Loving this new life, just trying to figure it all out and take it all in day by day!!!
Zombie
on 6/5/11 8:51 am
Topic: 5 Yrs out and lovin it!
Tomorrow June 6 will be 5 years for me. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing well and I am enjoying every minute of it. I finally scheduled my Tummy Tuck for August, so I'm almost there to where I first dreamed about.
Bartlettcowgirl
on 8/15/10 6:13 am - Bartlett, TX
RNY on 06/27/06 with
Topic: RE: Anyone having problems with Anemia?
Hello from TX,
I had my wls just over 4 yrs ago and have lost over 150 lbs from my previous wls weight of 278 lbs.  Although my iron levels are within the normal range, my labs show that I'm in the below normal range for white and red blood cell count.  My wls surgeon doesn't seem too concerned as long as my cell counts are "stable".  I had to have a bone marrow biopsy to rule out leukemia or some blood disease...fortunately, it was normal.  Most of the time I feel fine and have maintained my weight within 7 lbs of my goal weight.
I think that perhaps if I ate more protein, my blood count would be higher.  But it seems as though I have a hard time digesting most meat and I get nauseaus eating eggs.  So I fix a yummy snack of a tortilla with low fat cream cheese, deli-thin sliced ham and deli-thin sliced cheese. I cut it up in 1/2 " slices and pop one in my mouth every now and then.  I also eat a lot of fruit in the summer time, but have to be careful since it raise my blood sugar levels (I used to be diabetic Type II). 
I've tried the powdered protein powders in the past, but grew tired of the "taste".  I suppose I could try a different flavor with some fruit to disguise the taste though.
Have a good, active life, Jan from TX

Warm Hugs, Janet 
sharyn_pear
on 6/26/10 10:20 pm - Australia
Topic: RE: Four years......
Great summary.  Wish I had kept my journal going... but I didn't.  Somewhere along the line it didn't become important to me anymore.  I have been fortunate - no problems to speak of - except for losing too much weight lol. Fixed that by stopping running  but to be honest  I do miss exercising so I guess I'll have to try to eat more!   As for plastics........ ohhhhhhh the thought scares the begeezes out of me.  My husband says to look at the lose skin like battle scars - a battle you won .

Hope things keep going well for you.  See you next year!

Sharyn
sharyn_pear
on 6/26/10 10:11 pm - Australia
As long as you are in a good place :-).  All we can ever ask of ourselves is to do the best we can isn't it?  I have been lucky - no problems and maintaining at goal weight for over two years now.  Biggest problem I have is trying to keep weight on to be honest.  Never in my wildest dreams thought I would be saying that!

See you next year
KC
on 6/21/10 1:09 am - Houston, TX
Congrats to you also!  Just posted my 4year summary.
Karen
KC
on 6/21/10 1:08 am - Houston, TX
Topic: 4 Years
Yesterday was my 4-year anniversary of my gastric bypass.  I mostly don't think about it anymore.  I can generally eat just about anything although bread still weighs heavy.   Sometimes the volume I can eat surprises me and then sometimes I take two to three bites and can't eat anything else.   Vitamins - still daily.   Exercise -- been lazy the past month or two and have only gotten out to bike or spin class maybe once a week.  Still take dogs for 1mile walk daily.  Funny, that used to be my exercise and now I don't even consider it exercise!   Still staying at 163-167 pounds without really monitoring what I'm eating.  My goal was 160-165 so I'm happy.   Still low iron so I'm taking extra.  Still feel fatigued from time to time so I pump up the iron, B12 and pay attention to how much protein I'm eating. Still no plastics.    Badly need it on my face!    And my tummy and arms and boobs.   It hasn't been a priority yet strong enough to make me save the cash.
Karen
Lotus K.
on 6/18/10 2:55 pm
Wow...it just dawned on me that it has been 4 years! Time has gone by sooo fast. I have been struggling with my weight still. But I am happy. I never reached goal...and I still wish I hadnt of had the surgery...but I am in a good place with it. I just try and do the best I can.

sharyn_pear
on 6/4/10 8:51 pm, edited 6/26/10 10:23 pm - Australia
Topic: Four years......
Hope everyone is doing well, and is happy and healthy :-)

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/09 9:43 am - Plano, TX
Topic: RE: Happy 3 years out!
 I'm really happy for you!  I'm 3 years out as of June 12th.  I'm down to 150 (started out at 334).  I'm in a size 6 and perfectly happy where I'm at.  People are telling me I should probably gain some but I honestly can't.  I believe I'm holding steady though.  I too am day dreaming of plastic surgery.  This skin is ... ugh!  Everything hangs and sags.  But I'm alive and I guess that's a good thing.  

I've lost 184 lbs and a husband (that's another story), but I'm healthier than I've ever been!

Hope everybody else is doing well!

Becky
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 627 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 721 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 805 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 658 views