Surgery June 23!!!!!!!!!!1

drdteach
on 5/30/08 5:38 am
I received that long awaited for call and my surgery is scheduled for the first thing Monday mornin June 23! I'm excited and terrified all at the same time. Keep me in your prayers
cpl60
on 5/31/08 5:41 am - Langley, Canada
Hi Dawn, I'll keep you in mine if you keep me in yours!!! We are both having it on the same day!!! All the VERY best to you! Colleen
DLJones
on 6/1/08 2:56 am - Lockhart, TX
me too!! we are surgery date triplets!! i am scheduled for 1100 on the 23rd. and yes dawn, like you i am excited and nervous all at once! i am having the RNY. this is a conversion for me. i had the band placed dec 2005. my band is full, not leaking and yet i am not having any restriction at all, nor have i ever really experienced a good amount of restriction at any point. i am so super embarassed at times becuase this is the second WLS procedure i had done. i feel i am a failure. i pray that this one will work for me this time.
drdteach
on 6/1/08 10:54 am
I will keep you in my prayers. You are not a failure; for whatever reason the band wasn't the answer for you. Hopefully this one will be the answer. Best of luck let me know how you are doing.
lisainphilly
on 6/2/08 2:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Ladies, I'm also having WLS (bypass) on June 23rd. Nervous and excited all at the same time. Trying to get used to the Slim fast I'll have to drink for two weeks before. The cappuccino isn't half bad, but it sure doesn't fill you up as much as a protein bar. Oh well! I'm writing my will and advance directive this weekend (just in case) I've got three daughters, one is special needs. I need to lose this weight to stay around to take care of her, she'll be with me forever. Anyway, good luck to all of you. (any of you near Philly?) Do you all have to do the two week liquid diet? I wonder where we'll all be (weightwise) NEXT june 23rd? I'm about 270 now, would love to be 150 by then....one can dream....
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/08 11:49 pm
Dawn, my suregery is that day too! I know the feeling about being excited and scared at the same time. Where do you live? I live near Chicago......Hope we can talk again....I'll add you to my friend list...if you want to email [email protected]
drdteach
on 6/4/08 3:12 am
I live in MN but it'll be nice to have someone close to the same point in the process that I am. I start my 2wk liquid diet on Monday the 9th. I'm hoping it's not as challenging as I think it will be!
lisainphilly
on 6/13/08 8:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Ladies, we are just over a week away! How's everyone doing with the liquid diet? Everyone still nervous, like me? A month from now, we're all gonna be so happy!
drdteach
on 6/13/08 12:19 pm
I am hating the liquid diet. If I have one more bowl of soup I think I'll puke. I did change it up and have CoCo Wheats today. Big treat there. It didn't help when at my pre op physical the nurse told me her surgeon didn't require the 2 wk liquid diet. Things will be better on the "other side". I will admit to cheating and catching the ocassional bite as I cook for for my family but nothing bigger than that. I know "cheating" now isn't setting forth good habits for later but it is what it is. Hope you are all doing well.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 784 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 779 views