Starting to get nervous....anyone else???

Christie N.
on 5/31/08 1:25 am - Riverton, UT
I still have 12 more days until surgery, but I start the 10 day high protein low carb diet required by my doctor, starting on Monday. Doing that is making me realize how close it really is to me making a total life change and having the surgery. I'm going through the second guessing my feelings about doing this surgery and thinking about all the vitamins I'm going to have to take. I still am going to do it, but my mind is starting to go a little bit crazy with the stuff that's going to happen in less than 2 weeks now! Can anyone else relate with me???? I have had two kids and also gone through having my gallbladder removed 13 yrs ago (when I was 15!), so this should be nothing for me! I guess I'm just scared and happy about finally having one of my major struggles in life (my weight) helped and I will actually be skinny again one day soon! I can't believe it's finally going to happen. I have been battling my weight for almost 10 yrs and trying every diet out there and nothing has worked! And finally I know this will, with my hard work and this surgery, I will lose the weight that is "weighing" me down! Ahhhh!!! Christie
cpl60
on 5/31/08 6:02 am - Langley, Canada
Hi Christie! I can SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO relate with you. My surgery is on the 23rd and have done the same 2nd guessing etc and the realization that it is absolutely life changing and there is no turning back to the old ways ----------which is a good thing because it only got us into this trouble in the first place. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to acknowledge that I really did make the decision and that I have already paid for my plane tickets and that it IS going to happen .... I think the main thing we have to hold on to is the committment to the plan; doing EXACTLY what we are instructed to do and not to sway. I think you are pretty normal!!!!!!!!!!! Colleen
Brooke O.
on 5/31/08 11:09 am - Petersburg, VA
I wish I could say it gets better. I am so scared. My date is Monday. I hope for u it gets better. I cant eat, sleep, and everyone around me feels scared. lol. We will all be ok though. Just such a huge step in our lives. good luck
ang9094
on 5/31/08 1:53 pm
My date is the 9th and I TOTALLY understand how you feel. I am very nervous but also very excited. We will all do just fine! Ang
Julie Nolan
on 6/1/08 3:09 am - RI
Hi Christie, I'm having RNY on Wednesday. I'm scared as H - E - L - L! I try not to show it with my family and friends because I don't want them to be scared. I'm grateful this particular forum is here for those of us who are closing in on our date. Thanks for posting. It makes me feel like I'm not the only one Coocking out on this! See you on the other side of the bench! Jules
Marilyn B.
on 6/1/08 11:47 am - Bella Vista, AR
My surgery date is the 25th. They just turned in my surgical request a couple of weeks ago. I was approved the next day. Now I have a date. I am starting to feel overwhelmed with everything I have to remember. I start my liquid diet on Friday. Does anyone have any recommendations an which protein drink is best? Anyway, I am so grateful there are quite a few of us starting the new road at the same time. We can keep each other motivated. I have been living with osteo arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporis, and just recently asthma. If WLS will help even one of these problems I will feel blessed. Prayers and blessings to you all that have procedures this week. We will stay tuned to hear how you are getting on. Blessings, Marilyn
Shelly W.
on 6/1/08 2:10 pm - Sumner, WA
Oh yeah! Totally getting nervous. My surgery is on Wednesday. I too have second thoughts, although they don't stick with me long. My pre-op diet is a 10 day sf clear liquid diet. But it really hasn't been that bad. Personally I can't wait to be on the other side of this process. I'd go tomorrow if they called now and said there was an opening. Good luck to you fellow Junester.
barbie1963
on 6/3/08 9:22 pm - Parsonsfield, ME
Yes, I am getting nervous. My date is 6-10-08. Of course I am second thinking this and thinking this is it, I am at this point in my life. I have tried everything else. I have lost large amnts of weight on my own. Kept it off for years once, the second time didnt do so well. Now I have intracranial hypertension, fluid on the brain which makes it even hard to lose weight. Having had 6 surgeries last year, hearing everything here, I know they didnt prepare me for the up coming one. But, the people here have sure been wonderful in sharing and support. In that I know I am making the right decision. I wish everyone here a speedy recovery...... You are all in my thoughts and prayers!! Barb
SAM73
on 6/4/08 11:23 am - Hanford, CA
I'm so glad to hear that other people are second guessing themselves, too. My date is the 18th of this month and I have really been getting nervous about my decision. I know that I have researched it extensively and that I am making a good choice, but I am terrified. Good luck! Sam
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/08 12:07 pm
My surgery is Friday -this is Wed pm. - I leave tomorrow to travel closer to the town where the surgery will be for convenience Friday a.m. Once I leave town I know it will be real.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 784 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 779 views