one month out today

tiffanie_18
on 7/17/08 1:46 pm
well i am one month out today, and i have only lost like 24 lbs. can someone tell me if that is normal or not??? i have been on other ppls cites and they have been like 30. or maybe im just being paranoid. idk i still have that thing in the back of my mind telling me that this is not going to work, i think all of ya'll know what i am talking about...i think....lol, neways thanks. tiffanie
Angela K.
on 7/18/08 5:14 am - Mary Esther, FL
Hi Tiffanie, I know it's difficult to compare other people's weight loss to your own. I'm guilty of doing it as well. Just think, you've lost 25 pounds in a month. When have you ever been able to do that?!? I will be a month out on Wednesday and I am down 25 pounds as well. I lost 9 pounds prior to surgery so I am down 34 total. I have also been in a stall for the past week but got on the scale this morning to find that I lost 4 pounds. It also depends a lot on what weight you started at. I weighed 242 before surgery. As long as you are following doctor's orders, getting in your protein and fluids, you are fine.
SAM73
on 7/18/08 2:21 pm - Hanford, CA
Give yourself a pat on the back! This is not an easy journey, so to have made it successfully through the first month, is something to be proud of. Today was my 1 month mark and I have lost 37 pounds since my surgery. BUT, I discovered I was becoming a bit obsessive, ok so a lot obsessive, with the scale so I had my husband hide it from me and only get it out once a week for me. Don't forget how you feel is way more important that what the scale says. Congratulations and Good Luck!
zlynnc
on 7/19/08 8:36 am - BEAUFORT, NC
Samantha, excellent suggestion!! yes hide that scale, as I said it is never your friend and can ruin your day. Yes only weight once a week, same time, same day. You all should start a weekly weigh in but stress everyone loses different so even if its just a pound thats great! Everyone's body works different, we lose pounds and inches different. It is so easy to ge obessive. I know everyone loses alot the first few months than slows up alittle but we all average out to be about the same a year out. We are all so anxious to be skinny we can't stand it so it is understandable. I didn't loose much my first month...I am considered a slow looser but here it is a year later and I am down a hundred and 5 pounds since just my surgery date. I started at 284 consult size 24 and now I am at 146 and a size 4-6. Did I mention I went up 5 pounds for 2 weeks. Talk about depressed. Well alot went into that, mostly not following the rules so now I am back on track and dropped it. I came back to you newbies and got incourage and reminded of where I came from. You all will do so good and think by Christmas you will be able to where something really nice and pretty!!
suelyn1260
on 7/24/08 10:19 am - OK
Hi Tiffanie, I watched the EMMI weight lose video when I was a month out and had only lost 20 lbs. I found out that "most" people dont loose much--if any the 1st month. so 24 lbs down. you are doing great. dont get discouraged. Keep a positive attitude and watch what you eat. good luck. Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 784 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 779 views