Is the band there/working?

motherpagel
on 10/4/08 3:16 am
My band date is June 26 of this year.  For the past two months I have bounced up and down between the same 4-5 pounds.  I have been exercising 5-6 times per week.  The last two weeks I have reduced my breakfast and lunch meals to a protein drink and dinner is a small meal(approsimately 1 cup).  Still no movement on the scale.  I drink 60-100 ounces of water per day.  I have never had any problems with any foods.  Sometimes I wonder if the band is working.  Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.  I have tried increasing my workouts by 10 minutes and still no change.

I feel like a failure, again.  I can hardly stand to think about facing my DR at my next appointment.  I feel like I have let my family down.  They have made sacrifices so we could financially afford for me to do this and it seems to be the same old song and dance.  I get to this particular number on the scale and BAM that's all the loss there is.  I so believed this would work for me, I am having serious doubts.

Sharon
wandafrmsc
on 10/30/08 12:32 pm
Hey,
I was so happy to see someone out there admit they are having problems.  I had surgery June 5, I was doing really good, had my mind set, then I had a blood clot in my let, and eve though I was on the bariatric diet in the hospital, I had gained all my weight back.  So that did it, I started eating like crazy.  Then my daughter in law had a misscarrage-more eating.

I had cancelled my last 2 fill appts because I was scared to go.  Well, I went today, I had a new PA who I really liked.  She said we dont want to see you fail,  were are here to get you back on track....you have no idea what a difference that kindness made.  I am really going to try agian.  I will keep posting.

Wanda
Angelaaangie
on 11/5/08 11:47 pm - Newark, NJ

Hey guys I have not lost any weight for over 8 weeks as a matter of fact I gained 2lbs, but I have lost a lot of inches, The pounds are not melting as fast as I would like it, but I'm shrinking.  The band does work, it will take time for us to hit the right target (spot) My doctor did a band test on me and filled my band completely and I couldn't barely get in a gulp of water.  So, we do know that it works, it's just that everyone's perfect spot is different, we will get there

Be encourage, don't give up

Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 784 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 779 views