Surgery June 15th and having an emotional meltdown. HELP!

bkmandy4
on 6/17/09 9:46 am - NE
Hi group. I had my lap RNY on the 15th and was released home today.  I have only been home for 7 hours and have been tearful all day. I didn't expect to have this much pain from my surgery and it seems like I have forgotten everything that I knew before going in.  I am not sure if my stomach is grumbling because I am hungry or because it hurts. And what about sipping water all day long? How much is a sip? HOw much fluids should I be consuming in an hour. And why did I forget all of this stuff that I previousely researched and knew. Anybody else out there feeling these things or am I just way over the top?
Thanks for any and all words of encouragement.
Mandy
Melissa True
on 6/17/09 11:15 pm - Augusta, ME
Feeling the same here...we can get through it though. it won't alwasys be like this...just read other peoples stories.
Baby girl Morgan born 5/28/10, 2 weeks before my 1 year surgiversary. Angel concieved 09/10, lost 10/13/10, was due in June 2011. Baby #2 (our rainbow) on their way, due 7/27/11- Miley Victoria or Maddox Michael
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

eljayem
on 6/19/09 2:17 am
Hopefully you are feeling better by now!  I know that every day I'm getting more in control.  Can't say I feel great, but I definitely am getting a better handle on things.  And I have NOT wanted to eat, anything.  I think I'm hungry, sort of, but then my stomach growls and I'm not.  I am also wondering why the heck I did this.  Think I'll post and talk to someone two weeks out and get a pep talk. . .
Eljay

While the weight loss is easier with surgery, the lifestyle is harder.
Most Active