June 15ther checking in!

keem
on 6/19/09 5:40 am - TX
I'm happy to report that I am doing well and am back home.  There was a little complication during surgery on Monday so it lasted longer than we all anticipated.  All is good now. Due to the complication, my pouch is a little smaller than was planned, but it should still be fine.   I was still having some significant pain so I stayed in the hospital for the 3rd night and came home yesterday afternoon.

Today I'm working on getting my protein in and so far seeming to be doing ok.  Hope everyone else is doing well and I will try to take a few minutes to catch up on posts and learn how you all are...and how those that are getting ready to go in are as well!

First consult 308/Surgery Date 269/Current 180/Goal 180

Dawn S.
on 6/19/09 7:29 am - TN
Glad to hear that it all worked out and that you're home.  Mine was on the 16th and it's slow going.  Getting that protein in is much harder than I thought.  I hope each and every hour gets easier for you.

Every journey begins with a single step.

rebland66
on 6/19/09 10:12 am
Doing better today.  I too still find it difficult to get all that protein in.  But I'm trying.  The gas is lessening more and more each day.  Had some constipation (TMI) but that's gotten better also.  Will check in again.
otrisha
on 6/21/09 9:46 am - nahcotta, WA
Hi Keem, Glad to hear you are doing so well--my surgery is the 23rd and it is really good to read all the comments here from you and the others--Take care and look forward to your posts.
Patsy
Most Active