BUBBLE GUTS!!!

jackie irby
on 6/22/09 3:58 am
I AM TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE  ABOUT MY BIG DAY BUT THE CLOSER I GET THE MORE NERVOUS I BECOME. MY DATE IS JUNE 29. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE GO MORE IN DEPTH ABOUT THESE PAINS AFTER SURGERY???????

JACKIE IRBY

rebland66
on 6/22/09 7:09 am
Because the surgeon has to insert air in your abdomen in order to raise it and do the procedure, you will be left with that same air to get rid of on your own.  It's gas.  It will travel to various areas in your body and it is helpful for you to walk it out (by passing it from your backside).  The more you walk, the more it is expelled.

Hope this helps
aircorp
on 6/23/09 12:59 am - centre, AL
gas X strips!               trust you will need it!   you will have to release that gas to get comfortable at times......
Liz Rockwell
on 6/23/09 4:39 am - Ridgeley, WV
 Hi, today is a week I had my surgery and the second day is when the belching started for me. That night was the worst night at the hospital because of the gas pain, but IT WILL PASS and you'll be fine. In a week you'll be, "was it really that bad". GOOD LUCK!!!! Best advice is to get up and walk!!
TAKE CARE!  -- Liz
kelibr
on 6/24/09 3:36 am
I had laproscoptic surgery before and I mostly got pain in my shoulder from the gas.  It only lasts a short time but it can be uncomfortable.  Don't worry about the pain much ... they will give you good meds..

Also make sure you discuss with them pain control the day of your surgery. They don't want people to hurt.  It makes all the difference to have a pain control plan.

Kelly

High/Surgery/Current/Goal
       288/242/138/145

jvogt
on 6/27/09 12:45 pm - Hartland, WI
I am five days out and have lots of bubbles. They are getting less, but still lots. Most of the time they do not hurt. Very lound and a rolling feeling. We went to the mall and walked around. I just try to keep walking, moving and getting pass them. What I would give for a good fart!

Jod
RNY 6/22/09
Arriving at one goal, is a starting point to another

Most Active