Recent Posts

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/14/11 9:21 am
Topic: RE: Surgery Date schedules
Judy,

You are the day before me. I will be thinking about you!  let us know how it goes!

Winnie

Khaliha
on 5/14/11 2:41 am - San Diego, CA
Topic: RE: Do you wonder what it will be like?
Hi Tammy,

I can relate. That has been on of my concerns since deciding to go thru with the procedure. I have seen many before and after pictures and that gives me hope as well. I think you words are a comfort for those who start to become doubtful, as well as positive that we all will have a new beginning coming soon. Thank you and Good Luck to you as well. My date is June 3 at 2:30. Cant wait!!
Khaliha
on 5/14/11 2:12 am - San Diego, CA
Hi, I recieved my date as well last week. Mine is June 3rd at 2:30pm. I scheduled mine around a couple of events as well, but realized I'll be on my clear liquid on Memorial Day. :( I have currently been purchasing protein shakes, crystal light, bottle water in addition to a water filter system. I look forward to talking will you. Good Luck n God Bless!!
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/11/11 9:51 pm
I started my liquid (Optifast) diet on April 25th.  I'm doing 6 weeks.  It has not been bad.  Since I am diabetic I haven't been eating many simple carbs so I did not have to "decarb".  I lost 15 lbs. during the first 2 weeks.  I hope it continues.

Winnie

JudyLynnH
on 5/11/11 8:07 pm - OR
Hello,
I'm June 7th, very nervous and excited. So glad there are so many people out there that have done this, and who are starting on this journey. Sometimes I feel like I'm theonly one in the world. Nice to know this is a widely used surgery.
Tammy G.
on 5/11/11 9:58 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 My date is June 16.  I only have to do a liquid diet the day before surgery, but for 4 weeks I have to do an extremely low carb diet of no more than 30 grams of carbs a day, with at least 60 grams of protein.  I am also on Bariatric Advantage Pre-Op multivitamins, Vitamin D3, Sublingual B12 (I'll take injections after surgery), and probiotics.  It is important to make sure you are not nutrient deficient before surgery.

I would love to add June surgery date-mates as friends, if you don't mind.
therealleigh
on 5/11/11 8:00 am - Matthews, NC
I got my approval and surgery date today.  It is June 14th.  I start my liquid diet on May 31st.  I am excited.  What is everyone doing to prepare?
lynni
on 5/11/11 4:56 am
I am going to the Doctor's tomorrow and will be getting my date.  They have assured me that insurance will approve.  Some of my close family members are trying to talk me out of it.  I feel like I have failed so many times with weight loss that I am embarassed to say I'm trying something else so I don't talk about it. 
Had the band when it first came out.  It worked for a couple of years then it slipped.  Had to have a second surgery.  Then last year the band eroded into my stomach and had to be removed.  I am having the vertical sleeve this time.
Tammy G.
on 5/10/11 10:49 pm
RNY on 06/16/11 with
Topic: RE: Do you wonder what it will be like?
 My biggest fear is that with everything, the work, the surgery, everything, it won't work----because nothing else ever has.  I've always been the fattest person in the room, even as a child.  When I start to have doubts I look at the before and after pictures.  It gives me hope that I will become one of those people who looked sad & defeated who now look like they have a new lease on life.  I am realistic about what the surgery can and can't do, but I also know that losing the weight will make it so much easier to deal with all the non-weight issues.

Good luck to you all.  My surgery is scheduled for 6/16 and I have to travel over 7 hours and stay 2 weeks post op.  I'm dreading it, but again, I'm looking at it as a new birthday.  We can do this and in a year we will all wonder what we were so scared of!
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/10/11 9:44 pm
Once you have a date it is hard to wait.  But you have lots of appointments and training between now and then.  I have Optifast class ( you may not), blood work every 2 weeks while on Optifast, final blood work,  eating class, exercise class, appt. with surgeon,  pre-op at hospital, and since my veins are difficult to find and stick I am having a picc line inserted 2 days prior to surgery.

Winnie

Most Active