Hello out there to my fellow June surgery buddies!

sabrina114
on 5/21/12 2:08 am

I know we are all out there. We have all probably come to this board waiting and hoping when we could actually posted, celebrate, and support one another.  I've been doing it for about a year now. I made the choice to have surgery in June of 2011.  I had to wait 1 year until my husband was employed at his job for 2 years.  I never thought it would come. I finished all my requirements and was approved for surgery with no issues!  My date is June 4th and I can't wait for it to get here!

Well let me be more honest than that. I can't wait but I've had moments of panic too.  Am I doing the right thing?  What if I don't like my new self?  What if my husband doesn't like my new self?  Will I regret this and ruin my life?  Anyone else having those feelings?  Thankfully I have a wonderful support group of 3 success stories and a wonderful husband and family. 

More about me:  I'm almost 32 years old, mother of 2 and married to a wonderful guy.  I've been overweight most of my adult life.  I just weighed in at 272 and my goal weight is 180. (I'm 5'9") My husband just bought me a beach cruiser and a punching bag and I'm looking forward to being active again and getting this weight off!

Barbara_journey
on 5/25/12 1:08 am - Canada
Hi! 
I made the choice to have WLS ALONG time ago, but there is a fair amount of "red tape" in Canada... regarding wait times and having insurance cover it in another province or country...

My story begins when I was 35 weeks pregnant, I went into my Dr's office and weighed in at around 298... I had lost 1 lbs since my last appointment and was all proud of myself! (imagine!) My OB said to me "Would you be interested in..." before he could finish I cut him off (we had a fantastic relationship, and I replied "being induced, of course! ;)) he said "no!" I said Gastric by-pass? he said "oh, did the receptionist already speak to you?" I was like HUH!? What are you talking about!?!?! He then proceeded to tell me that the government had decided they would start paying for WLS for any patient who was 40BMI or up or 35BMI if you had other health issues... He referred me to the head of surgery of a local hospital and one of  the founders of the Montreal obesity clinic. I had my first meeting after Thanksgiving 2010 and was approved as a successful candidate for the surgery.  The best part is I also go a referral for my best friend to have the surgery too! After my first consultation my surgeon decieded that the VGS was the best choice for me! I did my pre-opt blood in April 2012 and then Friday May 11 I got "THE CALL" with my surgery date: June 1st. I started my optifast on May 18th and feel great! I am soo excited and truly view this as a GIFT! I can't wait to start my new life!!! :) 

Griffymom
on 6/4/12 11:57 pm, edited 6/4/12 11:57 pm
Revision on 06/08/12
 I am having revission surgery on June 8. I am really nervous and excited,too. I am not as young as you, I wish they had this when I was younger. I am 58 and I so just want to keep up with my grandchildren and family. I hate that I climb stairs and I am winded after a flight.

Your husband loves the old you, why wouldn't he love the new you? Size and love should not be connected. After your weight loss you should have more energy for him and the girls. Who would not be pleased with that?
I will keep you in my prayers. And pray for the day we both reach under 200 pounds. Woo Hoo!

Most Active
Recent Topics
June 5th Two year Surgiversary
tjleigh1965 · 0 replies · 529 views
6 months out!
PoohHag · 2 replies · 699 views
June 28th is my date!!
amberkokette · 3 replies · 686 views
25th sleevers
Jenfur · 0 replies · 550 views