i'm scared y'all

penelope78
on 7/5/06 4:07 pm - Fresno, CA
On july 19th i will have my surgery. I have gone from elated to freakin scared. I feel like it won't work for me. My boss told me she has a bunch of size 8 and 6 clothes to give me and i almost said no because i don't believe i'll ever weigh that little. I am also afraid that i will have serious complications. I can't sleep or relax. I am a mess. Every negative thought is going through my head. How is everyone else feeling? Are we all scared? It is really impossible to put into words. I prayed every night for god to help me lose weight when i was young, then i came to accept it wouldn't happen for me. Now i am teetering on the edge, about to cross over and i am a bundle of nerves. I finally have a tool to help me lose the weight and love myself and i am scared!!! Give me some feedback folks!
linedancer2
on 7/5/06 8:01 pm - Warren, AR
I am right where you are now. My surgery is next Wednesday the 12th,and the closer it gets,the harder it becomes.My emotions are running WILD!!!! Just to let ya know...I am SCARED I have come this far,so there is NO turning back. I hope things go great for you and we can both be a LOSER soon!!!! Keep me posted....Barbara
M. Pickler
on 7/5/06 9:13 pm
Me too........I am scared as well. My date is the 20th and wow I am so nervous. I think its normal if there is one other person to feel the same and I know about 5..........I am here email me. Melissa
NicoleC
on 7/5/06 11:30 pm - FRANKLIN, MA
I feel the same way. I was really excited and now I'm really nervous. I still know that this is the right thing for me. I would be concerned if none of us were nervous at all. It's totally normal and expected. Big hugs! Please post as soon after surgery as you can so we can all know how you are. Nicole
Jezia
on 7/6/06 3:24 am - Duncanville, TX
Someone on another list describes this as "the intersection between excitement and terror." Yep, we are ALL right there with you! Hugs Jezia
Amber B.
on 7/6/06 4:27 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Absolutely, I feel the same way. We're having the surgery on the same date too! It can't get here quick enough. I'm trying to think about what sizes I'll be in, I don't want to go with with too great of expectations. However, I have seen a few people go through this and I know just how low you can go, and it is possible! I'm just trying to stay open and willing. I'm just trying to stay as busy as possible. Reading lots of information here and spending time researching meds and food I can eat. Its keep me busy!!! Scared with ya in VA, Amber
penelope78
on 7/6/06 9:32 am - Fresno, CA
you guys are so sweet. It is nice to know i am not alone on here. I am totally standing in the middle of that intersection! I don't know what to do with myself. Less than two weeks away now. I feel so hot and yucky all the time. It will be such a relief to finally be on the other side. We're almost there, July kiddos! I'll keep you posted and you do the same ok?
drunyan
on 7/6/06 10:26 am - Brownsburg, IN
Hi everyone. I was just reading your post and let me tell you alittle about my experience..I had my surgery 5/17/06 and I to was a nervous wreck up to the day. I got to the hospital and when it was time for me to be wheeled in to surgery it was like this big calm came over me. I got in there and was talking to the nurses and the anestesiologist, and I said to them you know this is the 1st time that i am not nervousat all. Anytime I have had surgery I would shake like a leaf. I just had the utmost respect and confidence in my doctor and everyone else in the operating room. I honestly believe that is very important. Don't get me wrong it is a natural feeling to be on edge, nervous and scared. Just hang in there and know you will be taken care of. I will be thinking of all of you and pray you have a wonderful experience. Believe me it is well worht it in the end. God Bless all of you.
WENDI S.
on 7/6/06 12:54 pm - Webster City, IA
Hi, my surgery is July 14th, and I'm jumping into "scared" with both feet too. I was really fine and excited about the surgery, and I still am both of those things, just now with a big KNOT in my stomach. I had my final meeting with my Dr. today (before the surgery day) and he gave me the shakes and diet information I'll need for the first two weeks after surgery. I wish we could all just be done with surgery and on to the losing side of life! I will say a prayer for all of you and hope that your fears (and mine!) subside and we sail through this with ease and confidence! Wendi
deltawoman10
on 7/6/06 1:42 pm - Roanoke, VA
I know exactly what you mean! I keep going between being excited and being scared. I have even cried a few times because I am so worried if something goes wrong how will my family explain that to my 4 year old son ? I keep thinking that I am trying to prolong my life and be a healthier parent and role model but, I am also worried that things can go wrong. I just keep praying that everything will be okay! I will also include you guys in my prayers as well! Mo
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 916 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1045 views