Recent Posts

Pinkshell4u
on 2/3/09 2:46 am
Topic: July 9,2007
Hard to believe that in 6 months it will be 2 years since my surgery. Feels like yesterday. Here are some things I learned (mostly the hard way)

Carbs (chips) make me gassy to the extreme.
Water is really hard to get down. I never drank soda before my surgery but find myself doing so now.
I lived on pizza and wine for a month. (then I snapped out of it)
I work out so that I can eat bagels and drink lattes without gaining.
I still get the foamies.
I still dump.
I can eat hersheys kisses, 2 or 3.
I hate protein...it hurts my belly.
I've weighed the same since Feb. 08.
I can not throw up.....I've tried many times.
I still feel like I'm the fat girl.
I changed......not just physically.

I hope everyone else that is 1.5 years out is doing well. I guess "well" is relative. I know some people would say that I'm still really dysfunctional but actually I'm more normal now than I was 2 years ago. Cross-addictions scare me most because well....I'm not very good at controlling my impulsive nature. Wine is a good example. But I knew it was becoming a problem so I blurted it out in front of a bunch of people. HA! It worked,I havent had a drink since. Anyway, I just felt the need to check in. Take care and good luck.
Michelle

Jean M. B.
on 1/31/09 12:57 pm - St. Cloud, MN
Topic: RE: Plastics anyone??
Hi, fellow Julyers!  Great to hear how everyone is doing!  Would any of you be willing to talk about how you are paying for your plastics?  Insurance, savings...?  Thanks, Jean

WLS!

current wt:  177.8  I'm in the Century Club! 

laurie_40
on 1/29/09 11:37 pm
Nanette,

Did you have a breast augmentation or just a lift?  My poor boobs are too deflated to simpy have a lift.  I feel like I could model Ethiopian swim wear.  I too am pondering the tummy tuck and augmentation.  I so wish to have everything done.  when I look at my lower half I see a 75yr old woman instead of some one in their 40's.  I am like many of us who are scared about the 360 degree of pain.

Let me know how you are feeling.  I rarely post and I don't even think I have a profile but I come often to see what is going on with those of us who had surgery in July.

Thanks for the help.
Laurie
cypanther
on 1/29/09 2:06 am - Houston, TX
Topic: July 20'ers Out There
Hey,
 I'm seeing if the 20'ers are still out there and wanting to hear yalls success stories so far. I'm doing good im down to my last 5 lbs and now I need to focus on toning up the body for summer and a Hawaii trip in a year, but the main point is I hate the flabby skin. Just checkin to see if yall are out there and hoping yall are enjoying the new you...

Claire
H A.
on 1/2/09 2:25 am - NOR CAL, CA
Congratulations!

I would love to see some pictures. I hope to someday have a lift and a tuck.

Heidi
jowenm
on 1/1/09 4:11 am - STATEN ISLAND, NY
Topic: RE: Updates, everyone!
I was 315 day of surgery- am 215 today.. goal is 185..I have been stuck at 210- 217 since May. I know why but can't seem to get back on the wagon. Today being New Years Day.. hey I decided to resolve what I have always resolved to do.. lose weight. I haven't come this far to go back.

That's why I am back on this site.. havenot been here in months.. glad to be back

cycobusdriver E.
on 12/23/08 6:16 pm - ME
Topic: Merry Christmas
Just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone..Hope all your wishes have came true this year.. I know mine have..To be happy and healthy you cant ask for more.Have a great new year

Before sugery 230 - Day of Surgery 221.6 - Current Weight 140

sallyone
on 12/15/08 12:54 pm - DIberville, MS
Topic: RE: Updates, everyone!
Congratulations... you are doing wonderful

I am doing pretty good myself (if I can pat myself on the back... LOL)
Consult I was 395.5
Day of surgery 373
Today 204  
So I am down 190 pounds... whooohooo

I am right there with you in that wrinkly sack of skin... but plastics will have to wait till I find a fairy godmother or win the lottery... LOL

My weight hasnt really changed more than 4 or 5 pounds since September... I still have around 15 pounds to go to my goal weight... so I need to crack the whip on myself.   I have been allowing myself more treats since I can tolerate them more.

I am way way way more active than I use to be and wouldnt trade my new life for anything.

I hope everyone is happy and healthy

Susan

sallyone
on 12/15/08 12:50 pm - DIberville, MS
Topic: RE: New License
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I cant wait to stand in line at the DMV for my new licence in April... I cant wait to tell them the lie that is currently on my licence (300 pounds when I was actually 400 pounds) is wrong again... LOL

I am currently at 204 and would love to be 199 or lower by april... LOL

CONGRATS

Susan

sallyone
on 12/15/08 12:34 pm - DIberville, MS
Topic: RE: 5-day Pouch Test beginning Monday...anyone wanna join?
I so need to do this and have been thinking about it everyday... just need to jump on the band wagon.

I am definately going to do it next week.... mmmmm Christmas... LOL

OK I am definately going to do it starting January first... that way I can prepare everything and get the bad stuff out of the house.

I havent been doing badly but I have stopped loosing also... I think my body is done... but I am not... I am jumping up and down 3-5 pounds.

I am down to 204-209.... not bad since I started at 395.5  I have lost a whopping 190 pounds... WOW... I would love plastics but dont see that financially in my future...

Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 630 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1390 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 943 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 810 views