Checking In with the 7/08rs

THENEWLAURA
on 10/30/08 8:42 am - Katy, TX
Not much is posted here but I wanted to check in with everyone that had their surgery this July.

I have lost 60 pounds so I am happy with the weight loss, I just get impatient. I cannot wait until I reach ONEDERLAND! I started at 275 the day of surgery and weighed in at 215 last Sunday.

I still cannot each much but that is a blessing! I don't really get sick anymore and that may not be a blessing lol~

How is everyone else doing?

Laura

Surgery:275/Current:146/Goal:145
I love this quote from Woody Allen...........

"I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens".
charmar
on 10/30/08 9:47 am

I have lost 53lbs since surgery for a total of 61 since I began the process of qualifying for insurance coverage & surgery. I am very happy with my weight loss. Bot more would have been better lol!

I do not get dumping syndrome with sweets to my regret. But on the plus side, I no longer feel that chocolate is the most important food group. A bite or 2 of whatever dessert is being served when I eat out satisfies completely. I can eat 4 ounces now and am not getting sick frequently anymore. But getting my protein in is still not easy. So I still use protein drinks daily. Will this ever change?

Hope everyone is doing well. I started at 291, was 273 at surgery, and weighed 230 last Friday. I have really not set a specific goal weight.  Just want my BMI to be healthy and have the diseases associated with obesity gone. Speaking of which, I'm completely off my medications for high cholesterol and high blood sugar. Yeah!!

Good luck to everyone.

THENEWLAURA
on 10/30/08 10:48 pm - Katy, TX
I feel the same, if I want a bite of a sweet, I just take a bite. A Viola I am full!! I never thought I would see the day!!! I was formally a SWEETAHOLIC, they would call my name in the middle of the night.

Sounds like you are doing very well, lets get to ONEDERLAND together!!!

Email me anytime when you just want to chat.

Laura
Laura

JenStock1970
on 10/30/08 11:35 am - Bay Shore Of, NJ
My stats are in my ticker, when I weighed last week I had lost 100 lbs since surgery on 7/21.  I can't wait to make it to Onderland, either!  But I had alot more to lose than some, so I am thrilled to be in the 200's for now lol.  Feeling much better than I did for the first couple months, and working on getting all my protein in.  Good Luck & Happy Halloween! 
HW 495/Consult 426/SW 363/Current 182
"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."-- Clint Eastwood

"Don't compromise yourself.  You are all you've got."-- Janis Joplin

THENEWLAURA
on 10/30/08 10:52 pm - Katy, TX

WOW!!! 100 pounds is so awesome!!!

That is so cool!!!! I am sure that you are so proud of yourself, this is HUGE!!!!

No matter how much weight you have to lose, 100 pounds is such an accomplishment.

Can you tell that I am excited for you??

Let's all keep in touch.

Laura

Laura

mac1
on 10/31/08 1:32 am - Christiansburg, VA
Hi,
I had surgery 7/25/08 and have lost about 51 pounds since surgery.  I too am close to Onederland (206) and can hardly wait, but the scales have been stuck for the last couple of weeks.  Still having an issue with meat, but it's getting some better.  Cannot tolerate milk.
Congrats on your success! 

HW 265/CW 127/GW 130  4/1/10

HW 265/CW 141/GW 125  6/22/11

Extended TT 2/10/10

THENEWLAURA
on 10/31/08 4:04 am - Katy, TX

I like your Avatar picture, great dog!!

Wow, 51 pounds is good too! We are all doing really well. I have a problem with beef on occasion. I eat the papaya enzymes when I feel like something is stuck. It clears it up really quick.

Congratulations to you too!!

Laura

Laura

poohisme2
on 11/1/08 11:00 am - BRONX, NY
Hi,
I had surgery 7/29 and am down 52 lbs. I think thats great seing I was on a cruise for 19 days this month. I can basically eat whatever I want, I don't dump and I feel great. I just went shopping for new jeans and went from a size 26 down to a 18. I still have a lot to go, but I am happy with the weight loss.  

Glo Teacher
on 11/1/08 2:16 pm - Medford, NY
I had my surgery on 7/9/08 and have lost 73 pounds since surgery so far.  It is becoming more difficult now as it becomes easier to eat.  I find myself falling into old habits as the weight starts coming off more slowly.  I try not to get too frustrated and try to stay motivated.  I love the fact that I bought my first clothes in a 16.  I'm down to the smallest size in the "fat stores".  I guess I'm greedy.  I always want the weight loss to be more.  I have to remember that two years ago I weighed 100 pounds more than I weigh now!  I have to lose 27 more pounds to reach onederland which I haven't seen since I was 21 (for about 5 minutes!)

I hope all the other 7/08 are doing well and feeling healthy!

-Glo

Vampi
on 11/4/08 8:00 am - Mandeville, LA
Well, as a LAP BANDER my weight loss certainly can't keep up with the BYPASS people, but I am still proud of the weight I have lost! 

I am currently at 37 pounds down as of today!  Go me!

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

Most Active
Recent Topics
THREE YEARS!!
THENEWLAURA · 1 replies · 1636 views
Anniversary
Ms TJ P. · 1 replies · 740 views
Today is my 2 year Rebirth date
Renee W. · 1 replies · 860 views
TWO YEARS DOWN!
THENEWLAURA · 0 replies · 776 views
Coming up on 2 years out.