2 more weeks

JulieTX
on 6/25/09 2:26 am - Whitehouse, TX
Two weeks from today i will probably still be asleep in recovery, but I will have taken the BIG step in my journey.  I'm on a mostly liquid diet.  I've lost 27 pounds on my pre op diet and already feel better.

I know the next two weeks will fly by!!!!

Julie
Julie

PoohkinandPiglet
on 6/25/09 5:22 am - TX
The time will pass quickly.  I'm the week after you (july 14th) and I"ve already shopped for my post op supplies and packed my bag for the hospital!  

Of course, I still have the pesky little thing called pre-op liquid diet to complete. 

I noticed you're from Whitehouse.  We got our mini schnauzer in Whitehouse. 

Good luck!

Sharon
JulieTX
on 6/25/09 8:04 am - Whitehouse, TX
I am going to try and post as soon as I can after surgery to keep my July buds up to speed.

pack...puh...for me that tends to be the night before.  I have a frequent traveler so packing is more of a science now!

I have a stash of post op stuff.  My DH will probably have to do some shopping.
Julie

PoohkinandPiglet
on 6/25/09 9:13 am - TX
I have all of my stuff for surgery done so I can focus on getting the family ready.  Mainly, getting the kids ready to go to their grandparents house, grocery shopping and meal planning for the ones who will still be able to eat.   
Coolkat
on 6/25/09 4:36 pm
Julie:

I'm a slug!  I am only starting my pre-op diet tomorrow.  Was supposed to today, but had big dinner that I had already accepted invite to!  I am so jealous of you!  You already lost so much weight.  Thanks for motivating me.  Tomorrow morning first thing I'm going walking, drinking my shakes and getting on board.  It seemed so far off for awhile, now it is almost here.

Thanks for doing such a great job and getting me off my ass.  You are awesome!

Katherine - your surgery buddy
Coolkat
on 6/25/09 4:39 pm
Hey where are you two from in Texas?  I used to live in Austin.  Loved it.  My family is still there.  Thier be in  time of year, I'd rather be in Wisconsin - but only this time of the year.

Katherine
JulieTX
on 6/25/09 10:46 pm - Whitehouse, TX
I live east of Dallas in the 'piney woods' of east Texas, near Tyler.  It is scorching hot right now!  And no rain in sight.

Hang in there!  You can do it! 
Julie

PoohkinandPiglet
on 6/26/09 12:52 am - TX
Katherine, I love Austin too.  We spend most fall weekends there during football season but haven't lived there since grad school.  I'm on the north side of Houston in the burbs. 

On my way to Sam's club to stock up on Atkin's and Slim Fast Low Carb shakes.  Starting liquids on Tuesday.  :drinking1      Can't hardly wait.   

The rain is supposed to come next week. :umbrella:     I hope so anyway.   

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 829 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 706 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 943 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1032 views
4 Years!