Today I am 201 lbs. lighter! OMG.

Laura_Illinois
on 5/13/10 9:37 pm - Morris, IL
Today is my 81 year old mother's birthday and I am officially down 201 lbs. from my all time high of 409 lbs. I can't think of a better present for her. Happy Birthday Mom!

I am blown away by my good fortune. I never dreamed I'd have lost so much weight in less than a year. Amazing. On this day, I am wishing for all my fellow July 2009 WLS friends the feeling of satisfaction that I am experiencing today. No matter where you are on this journey, you are still so much better off than you were a year ago. The best is yet to come.

I am so grateful for this "life" giving surgery. May you all have a wonderful weekend.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

georgiapeachinla
on 5/14/10 9:56 am

GOOD JOB LAURA... YOU HAVE A NICE WEEKEND TOO!!

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

robinfrommilw
on 5/14/10 11:23 am - WI
awesome congrats.
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

Laura_Illinois
on 5/15/10 12:25 am - Morris, IL
You're looking great!

sylvie_55
on 5/15/10 9:45 am - Palmyra, WI
Laura that is not only a great present for your mother, but it is a great gift for YOU!!  Congratulations and yo are right--the best is yet to come. 

You have a great weekend too!!
 HW:  407  SW:  386  CW:  202
RNY Surgery Date:  7-9-08
Dr. Manfred Chaing, Bariatric Institute of WI

Laura_Illinois
on 5/16/10 12:00 am - Morris, IL
Hi Sylvia, Long time, no write. It's nice to hear from you. Hope everything is going well for you too.

sylvie_55
on 5/16/10 8:34 am - Palmyra, WI

I know--sometimes it is hard to get on the board.  I have been exercising after work and by the time I get hme and get somethign to eat, it is time for bed.  I have been getting home around 9 at least 3 times a week and with 2 support groups once a month (1 for 1 year and out and the regular one where I have started leading small group), it has been busy.  Leading the small groups takes me back to the beginning through the people in the group but I learn from them as well.  Exercising has been going on the upswing but winter wasn't really great for that.

I have been good.  Just trying to get under that 200 mark but I am scheduled for breast reduction surgery on June 10th.  May be enough to get under that 200 pound mark (lol).  But it will put a few week crimp in my program.  I will only be able to walk pretty much for about 6 weeks but the dr said I could be back at work within 1 week after surgery.  I don't know how much I believe that but I have expressed my concern for another week out of work just in case.  I think he will go along with it.

You will find that you will slow down.  I lost 186 pounds from my heaviest by my first year (130 in the first 6 months and 56 in the next).  I have lost about 25 pounds since my 1 year follow up but I expected that.  I don't get too obsessed but that 1 in front of my weight would be nice. 

I will be out with surgery from June 10th possibly thru the 28th.  I'll have more time to post and all that stuff and write too.

Keep it going -- you are doing great.

Sylvia

HW:  407  SW:  386  CW:  202
RNY Surgery Date:  7-9-08
Dr. Manfred Chaing, Bariatric Institute of WI

Laura_Illinois
on 5/16/10 10:50 am - Morris, IL
Hi Sylvia, I think I just missed your "live" post. I was chasing the cat out in the yard. I just finished mowing the lawn before it rains and our indoor cat got loose outside. Of course some stray cat had to come over and join in the malay.

Thanks for the well wishes. Same back at you on your upcoming surgery. I have to go get the dog back in the house. I'll write more later. I'm not great at instant messaging, sorry.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 830 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 707 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 946 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1036 views
4 Years!