Day 1 of protein shake diet!

VSGsenior
on 6/30/10 11:15 am
VSG on 07/03/10 with
You should lose some water weight - but I don't think weight loss is the reason for pre-op liquids. It's to shrink your liver so doctor can see your stomach better during surgery and your liver is not as apt to get injured if it is free of some of the fats that are stored there.
Don't worry - just dealing with the liquids is hard enough! :-)
teejones
on 6/30/10 3:19 am - Concord, NC
Carrie stay encourage even if you don't see any weight lost from the pre-op diet, just remember that once you have the surgery the weight is going to start coming off and you will start to feel much better. I have been on my diet since the 24th and still have not weigh myself, but I plan on doing it by tomorrow. I will update you and let you know if I have loss anything.

carriebarrie
on 6/30/10 8:34 am - Grand Forks, ND
Thanks for the encouragement Tee!  Sometimes I just need a reminder that this is going to take time.  The hunger has gotten better.  I'm not hungry as much so that has improved my mood alot!  But, now I'm getting really nervous about the surgery!

tat2dchickie
on 7/2/10 2:29 pm - Victorville, CA

My goodness two week protien shake diet! and I'm stressing out about having to start all liquids on monday with my surgey set for Tuesday. You guys hang in there!!!

carriebarrie
on 7/4/10 10:51 pm - Grand Forks, ND
Last day!!  Ugh.  So, it wasn't as bad as I thought i was going to be.  Down total of 12 pounds since my surgeon consult.

Surgery is tomorrow at 9AM.  I'm so nervous, and excited, and nervous

C3m13p16
on 7/5/10 8:34 am - Knoxville, TN

This is my 1st day of te liquid diet.  The program I'm in requires 2 weeks of nothing but protein shakes and clear liquids.  I am supposed to start on the 12th, but I've decided to start early.  If I have a breakdown or eat something durring the 2wk period the surgery is cancelled.  I figure I will give myself a week of practice incase of any meltdowns or anything.  So far I have had 3 protein shakes, sf jello, 1 popcicle, and chicken broth.  Not too bad so far today, I am a little jittery.  I wonder if I will lose weight during this time, I hope to get under 300lbs before surgery.  I don't know.  Good luck to everyone!

Christina

Brian Wohlgemuth
on 7/7/10 11:25 am - IN
 I am so glad for the doctor I have.  

Started the protein diet a few days early.  Lost seven pounds in six days.  Today is the official start day of the diet.  Thankfully the doc allows for some protein and snacks (fruit, half a sandwich, etc).  

HW: 474  OpW: 406  CW: 267            Twitter - @bwohlgemuth, same with FB
-100lbs 08/17/2010      -200lbs 02/28/2011      OpGoal: 07/05/2011  
Abdominoplasty  3/2012

lptazbear66
on 7/8/10 12:59 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
Do only some people have to do the liquid preop diet?  This is the 1st I have heard of it and I have my surgery in 2 weeks.

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
carriebarrie
on 7/10/10 3:05 am - Grand Forks, ND
Alana:  It totally depends on your surgeon.  My surgeon does it to shrink your liver so it;s easier for him to work.  Ask your surgeon why or why not for you.

C3m13p16
on 7/11/10 8:58 am - Knoxville, TN
Day 7 of my protein diet and things are getting a little better.  I've cheated twice so far.  The 1st night I ate 3 oreos.  After that I cheated on day 5 when I was baking the kids cookies and I licked the peanutbutter from my finger.  I'm not sure the peanut butter really counts, but it made me feel bad about it.  I have 14 more days to go and I am not doing horribly I think.  My emotions are getting to me.  I had to litreally lay on my office floor the other day from feeling so bad.  They say it gets better.  But only 50 carbs a day?  And more than 100g protein?  I hope this works.  I've lost 6lbs since thursday and hope to lose at least 10 more before surgery.  I just want to be in the 200's again.  Ofcourse 10lbs puts me at 299, but it's better than where I started.

Christina

Most Active
Recent Topics