Well.. since I've sp...

mcoccia
on 2/19/08 6:55 am - cumberland, ri
Well.. since I've spent almost an hour trying to find posts from people who are 5+ years post op like me... I figure I'll share my experience. I lost about 160 pounds after surgery and stayed the same for a couple of years... over the past 2 years or so (06-present) I gained back about 80 pounds that I had lost. I am able to eat large portions, and up until about a month ago was eating almost uncontrolably. It was odd because for a long time after WLS, for me atleast it was like all those cravings disappeared.. but somehow over the years they reared their ugly head and found my weight loss as well. Anyways, I REFUSE to gain any more weight. I found the Optifast program through a friend and decided to look into it. I've been on it for bout 4 weeks now and lost a little over 20 pounds. I'm researching food and learning a lot that I didn't know and/or forgot about (not drinking during meals like they say not to do post op) I think this program is great. Every week you meet with a doctor, nutritionist, psychologist and physiologist. They attack weight loss from all angles. I feel like I've found what I need to change my thinking about food and lifestyle. Before I had surgery, I thought that once I lost the weight that my problem would be over. I see that as a very immature approach to this LIFESTYLE change. I was 18 at the time. What is different now is that I'm already realizing WHAT triggers me to eat and how to curb that desire into something else thats healthy for me. So far so good as far as I'm concerned. Also, I would never say that my surgery was a failure... I lost 160 POUNDS and my life changed. The problem was my thinking. Just thought I'd share
Most Active