August 11, 2003 is my (WLS) Birthday!!!

Jacque T.
on 7/3/03 2:08 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Dr. Skenderis will be doing my surgery on 8/11/03 (I have to be at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. EST) at Virginia Beach General Hospital in, of course, Virginia Beach, Virginia. I am so excited and scared at the same time. I think I am more excited than scared. I do not have any immediate family here (they are all in Texas) other than my husband of 13 years and my son who is 16 years old. I was fired from my job after I could not return to work in 12 weeks after having major back surgery (a double fusion in my lumbar spine) so I don't have any co-workers to support me (although 3 of my former co-workers have had WLS in the past year - they cannot help me for fear of losing their jobs if they have contact with me - why I have absolutely NO idea). I really only have one close friend who is being very supportive, although she has never had a weight problem so she doesn't really have a true concept of what I am going through. I could really use a lot of support, information (especially nutritional information) and prayers.
telopez
on 7/3/03 3:07 am - Folsom, CA
Jacque... I am very close to getting my date as well... I understand your excitment and fear!!! I'm sorry to hear about your job... but from all the friends I have who are now post-op... All the negative stuff is soon behind you... Your right with the WLS Birthday... from what I hear... the adventure of the second part of your life is soon to start. Please feel free to chat anytime!! I'm here for a listening ear or kind word. Keep you head up! God Bless and Good health! xoxo, theresa [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 890 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 774 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1025 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 794 views