I will have an August date for surgery~~~

Suzzanne D.
on 7/8/03 6:40 am - Strongsville, OH
Hi, everyone, I am Suzza. I had my "surgery" on May 8th. However, there was a complication no one, not even my surgeon could have predicted. A mass the size of a baseball was found in my Colon which required me to have a left hemi-colectomy. In lay persons terms, about 1/3 or 8" of my colon had to be removed. So the RNY was not done because of the increased risk of infection. So while I have been recovering from this last surgery I have been trying to get ready for the next surgery. My surgeon required me to heal for a minimum of 3 months before he would repeat abdominal surgery on me. I see him July 18th, 10 days from now, and hopefully he will give me an August date for surgery. I would love to hear from anyone who wants to discuss this journey and needs some encouragement. I urge anyone who hasn't already done so, to join a support group. They are wonderful people, generous at heart and crucial to your journey. Oh, BTW, the pathology report came back negative, no cancer. I am so grateful for that. Now my job is to get healthy again for the next surgery and to get this deadly weight off so I can get my life back. God is good. Patience to all who wait~ Suzza
Jacqueline N.
on 7/8/03 9:55 am - Pulaski, WI
Hi Suzza, I hope you get your August date for surgery. Mine is August 4th. I tell you I cant wait. But I am still nervous and I think reading things on here and the people that I have talked to have help my nervous calm a bit. But I am ready for this. Here is my email [email protected] if you would like to keep in touch. God Bless hugssssssssssssssssssssssss Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 890 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 774 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1026 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 794 views