HELP!!! Need some help. Surgery Date 8-13-03

ERICA H.
on 7/9/03 3:56 am - Houston, TX
I was wondering if there are any Texans around here (there is a reason why I am asking). Maybe even if you aren't from Houston, TX I still could use your help. I have posted this before but feel the need to reach out again. I am having Duodenal Switch Surgery August 13th in California (no DS surgeons here in Texas). Most surgeons requiire a program fee which covers the much needed aftercare expense. I believe in this program fee. I don't have a problem there. But I have been going through some serious and stressful obstacles in my life and trying my dammdest to raise this $2000 program fee. It wouldn't be so bad but then there is the traveling for my boyfriend and myself. Out of all the times, his job picks NOW, for some reason there isn't any available overtime for him to work. I attempting to request a $830 withdrawal hardship from my 401K (don't have enough to take a loan against my 401K yet). We moved out of our apartment and broke our lease early to move in with his mom for a short term stay (my boyfriend had to take another job which pays much much less so now our finances has changed due to this problem so that is why NOW we are having all of these problems). Hopefully staying with his mom (in which she came up with the idea of us doing this) will help us get back on our feet. But time is slipping away to raise the fee. Everytime I think he and I are a step forward some big bill comes up and takes us two steps back. For instance, we just recently moved and it cost us a whopping $280 and then we had to purchase more moving material which set us back more. I was in disbelief over this. At 28 years old I feel so much older and stressed out because of all of this and morbid obesity. I have exhausted all possibilities to raise my fee, including getting a short term loan from my family and will pay them back from my STD paychecks while I am off of work but they don't believe in the surgery so they say no (can you believe it). I prefer to just do a second job (I actually quite school..or actually put it back on hold..in June to free up time for a second job) but not getting anywhere on that end. I just am sooo upset. ******So I am asking, if there are any Houstonians and actually KNOWs of someone who is hiring for an evening/weekend clerical/customer service person who is very skilled. Can you please help me to network. I have worked hard to get approval from my insurance to be approved for this and I have to maximize on my window of opportunity. I am contiously praying so a prayer would most definately do the trick too. It is sooo hard for me to get excited about this knowing that I am not in the clear. Can't reschedule because I have worked so hard to get approved (and they only allow 90 to execute from the time of approval). So any help would be wonderful. Thank you so very much. -Erica (Ms.Diva) email: [email protected]
Lorie A.
on 7/9/03 8:43 am - Tulsa, OK
Hi Erica, I don't live in Houston, and don't know of any jobs, but I will keep you in my prayers. I know this will happen for you. Lorie
Suzzanne D.
on 7/11/03 2:45 am - Strongsville, OH
I don't live in Texas either. Maybe prayer would help. I will keep you in my good thoughts and prayers that all will work out in your favor. I know what it is like to wait for health. Why don't you just have the RNY there in Texas and save the travel fees. Prayers, Suzza
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 890 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 774 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1026 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 794 views