Birth & rebirth - 2 years out!

Kristy T.
on 8/11/06 5:55 am - Stockton, CA
Wow...where has the time gone? I celebrated my 2 year surgiversary on 8/3 this year and funny thing is...I was in the hospital. But not due to illness or injury...but due to that my beautiful miracle daughter Alice Kay was born and we hadn't been discharged yet from the hospital! My daughter was born on 7/31 via emergency c-section (I stopped dilating) at 10:35pm and she came in at 6 lbs 3 oz and 19.5 inches long. This is and will always be my ultimate WOW moment. See...before I had surgery I was very infertile...and even my OB said that had it not been for my surgery and weight loss....I would not be a mommy today or probably ever. So looking back I had the surgery to save my life from diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea and PCOS...and in doing so it did save my life...and it gave me one. Being a mom is all I ever wanted...and thanks to my surgeon...that dream has come true. Sure I have the sleep deprivation and all that comes with a newborn but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I do still struggle with some old eating habits, but I'm working on them...this is a tool afterall right? But I'm very happy with my decision to have this life saving and giving surgery...and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Anyway, I'd love to say more...but my daughter has woken up... Kristy
Linda Ton
on 8/12/06 12:58 am - Pontiac, MI
Congratulations Kristy, she is adorable!!! I am so happy for you and your family. I'm glad she arrived so healthy. We all fall back into the old eating habits, just get back on track. happy 2 years to you! Hugs Linda
Slender_once_again
on 8/12/06 6:02 am - portsmouth, VA
CONGRATULATIONS KRISTY! What a great 2 year Birthday gift. It was nice to see your updates! Alice is so adorable. HUGS Lisa
Loucaz
on 8/12/06 8:11 am - Santa Ana, CA
Kristy, congratulations. We are internet message board August 2004 uncles and aunts. God bless you, baby, and family. Enjoy and take care.
Ms. Busybody
on 8/13/06 1:35 am - Murray, KY
Hey Kristy(surgery twin)! What a precious, perfect 2 year anniversary gift! Time really flies!.....but this time for the better! I still struggle also with old habits....but I make a true effort to not go back down that road! I am truly happy with the results from this surgery.....I have not had too any physical problems...just what I put in my mouth! Still working on that! Have a blessed day.....enjoy being a Mommy! Bernice...............
Lauraj64
on 8/15/06 1:44 am - Montgomery, AL
She is a miracle! I am thrilled for your blessings. Enjoy every minute of the late-night feedings. These minutes may be sleepy ones, but they are fleeting....and babies grow fast! Love, Laura
Most Active