Six(6) year anniversary!

PattyMM
on 8/3/10 10:44 pm - FL
I wll never forget that day 6 years ago. It has been quite a journey & still is. I try hard not to take this gift for granted. My tool is still working, however, carbs are still not my friend. I am maintaining & staying within my 5 pound range. Congratulations to everyone who has made the life changing  decision to have weight loss surgery. I wish I could find a support group in my area . I miss talking  others who can relate.  
digitalcat
on 8/5/10 12:18 am - goldsboro, NC
Hello I am on the sixth year too, however carbs are defenitly not my friend and need to buckle up I have gained 23 pounds and feel yucky I need to do something not sure what yet,,,,,,, I never want to look like my before picture ever again.......... any suggestions, That is great staying in the 5 pound range you should be very proud of yourself.
Slender_once_again
on 6/5/11 1:15 pm - portsmouth, VA
6 years for me too! began at 205, went down to 122. and a size 8.... Many health issues and MEDs and weight gain.... back up to 189 this past Oct. So very depressed.    Size 14's were very tight and cutting into my waist.   No way was I going to let this get the best of me.    Began using www.Fitday.com, and really watching what I ate.  Also began increasing the walking and have finally begun to see my feet again.   Today I wore a size 12 pants to church and I thought they were going to fall off me! :)  Still not a size 10 and only a few size 12'a truly fit. but I am now back down to 150!  Weight and weight gain from meds has and always will be an issue for me. So I must always be vigilant and keep a close watch on what goes into my mouth.   Carbs are also my frienamee....

o Still have problems getting protiens, they still can make me sick.  
o still have some issues with vomiting and sometimes only after a few bites. ( last night Tuna sand yuck!)

o I still stick with the no food and drink,
o still do not drink soda
o No Ice cream at all.
o and pizza is a treat of one slice per month.

???? Does anyone have a racing heart beat when they get "stuffed" ?   Last light my pluse was way over 120 for 45 mins.. then I vomited and I felt fine..... 

I am desperately trying to get back to 130 at least.  I'll be 60 soon and we are having a BIG party...   It will also be an engagement party for my daughter and her dad ( my ex)  will be there with his wife ( yes the one that caused us to break up!)   He once told me that if I ever got over 180 he would divorce me..!   ( we divorced when I was still under 160) The new Mrs. ( and the ex) both now are very overweight ( Yes Obese even) and this will be the first time he has seen me in a few years.!  

It will be a fun party and I do plan of having some Cake!

So Congratulations to us ALL! 
We did it and when we use the right tools we can keep it off.

PattyMM
on 9/23/10 8:41 am - FL
Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I haven't been very good about checking the board. 23 pounds after 6 yrs. is not bad. I think walking & just plain moving is the key. Yeah, carbs are definitely bad. Our surgery date is the same, that's awesome. I'm sure you still look great. Do you have support? I miss our support group. Haven't had one in about 3-4 years. Any time you want to chat it might be better @ [email protected]. Good luck!  
Most Active