Sore BACK & BUTT

babs810
on 4/4/07 11:13 am - Boston, MA
Help does anyone else have lower back & Butt cheek soreness. I feel like i am sitting on bones and they are extremely painful.. some days i have sharp pains shooting going up my back when i get up from a sitting position. I have been sitting on pillows at home and inthe car but i am a teacher & i am sitting in hard chairs & i really dont want to carry a pillow around the classroom....Any help would be appreciated.....thanks Barbara
LeighTilton
on 4/5/07 3:09 am - Laconia, NH
I have no idea what it is but I have it too! Mine is definitely not in my back though, just in my butt and I can actually feel bones! It hurts. When I have been in the car it is especially painful. Is it tailbone? When I was a child I hurt my tailbone sledding and I keep thinking maybe that is what hurts. Anyway, best of luck to you! I hope your butt (and mine) feels better!
babs810
on 4/22/07 12:50 pm - Boston, MA
Thanks for your reply & i hope yours feels better soon
dynofan
on 4/7/07 1:45 am - Oxford, NJ
This may sound dumb...... Now that I've lost weight and don't cover my butt with such a thick padding; I'm experiencing what an exposed tailbone feels like???? Pam
Julie122780
on 4/8/07 2:19 pm
Funny someone should mention this. I do not have any back problems but I do however have a sore butt whenever I sit most of the time. My butt goes numb if I sit on any remotely hard surface and its extremely painful. Mind you my butt used to be twice this size and I am thinking that it is from the extra padding that I am now lacking. Does anyone else experience this numbness?
Talvarez
on 4/16/07 5:33 pm - San Dimas, CA
What a topic! I too have been feeling like the rest of you lately. I am not toothpick thin by any means, lost 100 this far, but I act like I'm so skinny that my bones hurt when my husband hugs be too hard, or my child puts their bones into mine. I'm sensitive since loosing weight and definately have back pain since the loss. I know doctors say when your heavy you put stress on your body and just because we loose the weight doesn't mean it lightens things up.. at least for a while until our body gets used to the new lighter weight.. Keep up calcium chews to keep bones strong!!
babs810
on 4/22/07 1:34 pm - Boston, MA
I also have had the same thing. I feel very sensative to the touch.... when my nieces and nephews sit on my lap it hurts,,, & I was always the chubby one who the kids loved to sit with cause i was so comfey....LOL. now i easily bruise. when i hild the babies on my things their toes leave bruises on my thighs from their tiny toes....I have had blood work done to make sure things are ok they say its fine but it scares me i bruise so easily now...........& i have a hard time sitting on the floor with them.. I too have lost 130 pounds & do not think i am skinny but my bones feel like sometimes they are going to break. Even when i cross my legs they hurt....I take 2 calcium chews a day should i be taking 3 what do you think ? chat soon Barbara
(deactivated member)
on 4/16/07 7:43 pm - Florence, KY
LOL My daughter and I both have been complaining of this same thing!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 668 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 736 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 799 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 930 views