Anyone Thinking of Plastics Yet?

cj29
on 4/18/07 3:12 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I am 8 months Post-Op and I have lost -115lbs from a size 22/24 to now a size 10. I have 15lbs to my personal goal of 145 and goal of size 8. I have been stalled in the 160's for the last three months now. I went to see a local plastic surgeon who has 50% of his pratice as WLS patients. He said even though I am only 8months PO, I qualify for surgery since I am within my goal weight range and my panis will take the additional 15lbs of excess skin and I should end up in size 6. OMG! I am not working right now and have the money... What are your thoughts and please be gentle... Carrie
LeighTilton
on 4/19/07 10:46 pm - Laconia, NH
I think if you want to do it, you should. I know a girl who did it 8 months out and she looks fantastic. Of course, she was young. I think her skin only ended up weighing about 5 lbs. She feels better with the skin gone and that is what matters. Good luck!
cj29
on 4/23/07 4:14 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Leigh- Thanks for your encouraging words. I am still in the thinking phase. I just got a new job offer and thinking about what is next for "Carrie". Best of luck to you and I wish you continued success! Keep in touch... Carrie
LovelyLoser
on 4/20/07 3:07 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi Carrie, I say go for it!!! Ive been thinking of....of all things...a boob job. I guess I got pretty used to having the big tatas and now I have the long sagsags and it just aint pretty. Annette
cj29
on 4/23/07 4:18 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Annette -- Girl, you and me both! I was wearing a 46DD and now my tts look like tub socks with buttons at the end and they face the ground! Yuck! I am in the thinking part and just got a job offer so I do not know what to do... I will keep you posted though, so pls keep in touch! Carrie
Tanya-RN
on 4/27/07 10:42 pm - Spring, TX
Carrie, Girl, you and I are exactly the same (22 to a 10) and goal weights and sizes. I also have been thinking about it all mostly cause of the body changes as well as some of my friends are further out and getting it and I am getting jealous. LOL But I saw my RNY Dr. 2 days ago on an unrelated issue and we discussed the whole PS topic. I am an ICU RN so he talked to me in those terms. He told me to wait til I am 1.5 years post op and here is why: 1. We are still losing weight and to go and do it and then lose more and have more hanging skin would suck. 2. Your body is still healing!!!! Dealing with the reorganizing of organs, nourishment and physically moving around due to loss of fat cells. That is too much trauma too soon. 3. We should do at least 6 months of exercise to see what changes we can make ourselves to save money and to physically handle the changes. 4. exercise will NOT make me lose my extra skin on my tummy but make it stronger to handle the recovery of a pani. 5. I know many people who are having issues with doing it too soon and infection is the main complication cause their bodies were still handing the lack of food. I am BY NO MEANS saying no to you or me for that matter. It is just what we discussed and I am passing it along. This man changed my very world and helped me get here and I trust that. Trust in you and you will make the best decision. Please Please keep me informed and all cause I am still going to get my TT and breast lift, just gotta wait here is all. My b-day is in Feb so I am going to plan for that. hugs, Tanya 261/252/167/140 consult/surgery/current/goal
Sherry K.
on 5/7/07 6:48 am - Blooming Glen, PA
Thanks for all of this good info. I've been thinking about this too, and it's good to hear that I need to be patient and do this right. Sherry
jenny_jen
on 5/10/07 4:43 am - Baytown, TX
I had breast augmentation (saline 500cc, under the muscle) on April 30th. So far so good. I told myself I would wait atleast a year to have plastics....well... I got over it. My Dr. said he would not recommend a tummy tuck, arms, or legs et****il I was 2 years out. I tried to talk him into lipo and he said it would not help my situation and that I would just be waisting my money. After much talk he agreed to do implants I am very pleased with the results, every day keeps getting better and better. Surgery day 8/22/06 Day of surgery 236lbs Today 5/10 148lbs Goal 140lbs
cj29
on 5/10/07 4:03 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Congrats! I have accepted a new job and did not have enough time off work to get my surgeries done before I started my new job this past Monday. I am planning to take some vacation at the end of this year and get my PS done. I will keep everyone posted. Best of luck to everyone! Carrie
cowangel
on 5/15/07 9:56 am - Grovetown, GA
i am not quite 9 months out and have lost 150 lbs thank you Jesus and DR. Sherman... I am being featured in Univ Hosp of Augustas Check up magazine which will come out in August, it will go out to all the CSRA which is the Central Savannah Area, whoohooo, I have a photo shoot Thursday... I'm down from 338 pounds to 188.5 yahooo... I go back to Dr. Sherman in July and will talk then about scheduling tummy and arms, hubby and boss say to go it in november around thanksgiving.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 668 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 736 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 799 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 930 views