Anyone else panicking???

Christina H.
on 7/1/07 1:15 am - Mesquite, TX
Ok...so I just posted my 10month report card and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I only have 2 months (8 weeks or 60 days) before my "honeymoon" is over and I still have 32 lbs. to lose. Which is huge compared to what I have lost in the last 8 weeks. Anyone else in panic mode now? I am exercising like crazy - I do really well with the eating plan...although I haven't been perfect I have been good 80% of the time. I am a size 12 now...which is a perfectly acceptable size for the average 40 year old mom but I really wanted to weight 140 and be in the "normal" bmi range by a year out. I am not sure it is going to happen and that makes me a little sad and a little angry ...not sure where to direct the anger...maybe frustration is a better word for it. Anyone else in this dilemma? What is your game plan? I have joined the Labor Day challenge...maybe my highly competitive gene will win out over my damaged metabolism?
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/07 11:38 am - Florence, KY
Yes it i****ting me hard as well. Of course the goal I set for myself was probably not obtainable and I am beating myself up over something that couldn't be done. Go figure.. it has always been all or nothing for me in the past... at least now I can't binge or stuff my feelings with food. I am thankful for that! I started at 370 and weighed 206 this morning. I wanted to be at 170 by my 1 yr, but 200 lbs in 12 months is probably not a good idea. So I am adjusting my plan to breaking 200 by 8/23/07. That should be something I can do and maybe a little more as a bonus! I was really surprised this morning on the scale as I have been stuck at the 211-213 for almost 2 months. It has been so frustrating. For the last week I have eaten more than ever and drop 8 lbs... makes ya go huh! I am pushing my liquids, getting 80-90 a day and forcing 80-90 proteins too. This has to be the difference since nothing else has changed. I will be hitting the gym again this next week as the littles ones will all be at camp. I hope to see another jump by the time they return. Hang in there... remember this isn't a race and that getting healthy doesn't have a certain weight to it. I can walk up and down the stairs, I am walking on my own at the stores and not in a wheel chair, I can tie my shoes without turning all red in the face, I can sit in a booth at a restaurant and in a standard chair at the movies... life is good!
clsmex
on 7/5/07 2:16 pm - Schererville, IN
RNY on 08/22/06 with
Okay....I just read both of your July posts.....LOVED, LOVED, LOVED your 10 month accomplishments, very well stated and I know I share in many of the same things you are celebrating in.....yeahhhhh, US!!!! Now, I must share with you a recent experience I had at a follow-up visit with one of the doctors.....I mentioned to her that I was just ONE little teenie-tiny number away from the FREAKIN' NORMAL BMI number and SHE FLIPPED on me!!! Seriously, flipped...."you don't get into this surgery thinking you are going to come out of it at a NORMAL BMI....no one ever told you that was going to happen, when you signed up for this, you were told....you will lose at least 30% of your excess body weight any where from 12 to 18 months after your surgery, if you accomplish more than that, you can consider yourself very successful in your Journey"....you know what, she is right! I have been extremely successful over the past 10 months, I am down 166 lbs.(and, yes, I had a few complications which could have contributed to a rapid weight loss, but I have also had tremendous succuss, too!). Sometimes, I think we need a little reminder / reality check....we all have been successful in regaining our health and if we remain focused and continue looking forward, we will continue to celebrate in this amazing Journey we all share with each other! Thanks again for sharing your accomplishments with us all, you hit it right on the head! Enjoy your success and celebrate in it!!!! Best wishes....Candy
Christina H.
on 7/5/07 2:37 pm - Mesquite, TX
Candy, You and your doc are right. I do believe that my biggest obstacle to success is myself and some unrealistic goals. That being said...how phenomenol for you to on the cusp of normalacy in the weight arena. I always said I just wanted to be normal..average... You are my hero! Stay the good fight and keep being that beacon....there are lots of us still lost in the dark and we need you guys to help get us to port safely.
LeAnne G.
on 7/7/07 1:43 am - Goodyear, AZ
Christina, My surgery sister We are in about the same position. My weight loss has really slowed down and that saddens me. I knew it was going to happen. I look at every pound lost as a step in the right direction. We are so close to getting to be where we want to be. Life is so much better and I couldn't ask for more. Most days I stick to my eating plan and exercise when I can. I don't eat anything with more than 10 grams of sugar and I haven't pushed that limit. Could I be better, sure...but we are only human. Some days I eat a few chips or crackers and then for the next few days I don't. I've found what works for me. It's all individual as we have found out from reading and posting. Am I in a panic, no....I will get where I need to be in my own time. LeAnne
cowangel
on 7/8/07 7:12 am - Grovetown, GA
Hey girls... I don't think I'm panicking, however I too have only lost like 8 pounds in 6 weeks and then 4 pounds in the last week and I actually ate more and differently.. I see Dr. Sherman on the 25.... I have had some blood work done this past week and my liver enzymes are elevated a little, I went thru this and they actually thought I had "Nash" Non Alcoholic blah blah blah syndrome, serious but not nec fatal, before surgery however prior to surgery my levels were perfect. I hope that it's medication I'm taking cholesterol stuff and have had a tremendous amt of dental work done this last month and took some pain stuff with tylenol.. that can affect the liver levels pray for me
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 681 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 745 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 810 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 939 views