Today was one year for me

linda249
on 8/9/07 2:24 pm - xenia, IL
Well today was the one year anniversary for me with that day being the new start of a new life for me,last week I went to the small town swimming pool with my two sisters and daughter and grandkids, have not been there in probably 30 years but I was wearing a new swim suit and it was a size 16 did not know I would have ever seen that size again but it will be less next summer,I want to lose another 60 lbs. though I really need to exercise more, I went to the Dr. for my one year visit yesterday and the nurse told me it is good to use a balance ball just sit on it and bounce when you are sitting watching TV at night. I am glad to say all of my blood work tests came back normal, now that in itself is a small miracle for me everything was in the normal range.This WLS has been the best thing I have ever done for myself and if anyone out there is wanting to have this surgery done get all the pre-op done and go for it, but make sure you have a good DR. I had Dr. Roger de la Torre of DePaul Health Center Of Bridgeton Mo. He is a very top Dr. and so are his staff,
Lisa G.
on 8/9/07 11:09 pm - Des Moines, IA
Congrats on your 1 year! Mine is approaching. It is truly amazing how life can almost be handed back to us on a silver platter. It may not be a shiny platter but we can poli**** until it does shine. I am so thankful. I am a new person. Heathly and more confident. Keep up the good work!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 681 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 745 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 810 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 939 views