Need some advise and help 1 year out

cbelitze
on 8/13/07 4:41 am - south weymouth, MA
I had my surgery one year ago. I am scared that there is something wrong. it seems that i can eat alot more and i do not get the feeling that i am full. my appetite has increased also. I have lost a total of 148 lbs but the last month I can't seem to loose any weight. i walk three times a week about 1/4 mile each time. and my meals consist of the following Breakfast Yogurt with powered protein morning snack hard boiled egg lunch 6oz chicken with a little salad and about 3/4 cup fresh fruit afternoon snack is usually a cheese stick and a piece of fruit dinner fish with salad or veggies this morning i got on the scale and i gained 2 lbs. i just keep going back and forth i gain 2 lbs and then i loose 2lbs. my last dr appt was may 17 and i think i have only lost 10 lbs. that is less that a 1lb a week. anyone have any advise or help for me.
Pam P.
on 8/16/07 3:21 am - LaGrange, GA
Marie it sounds like you are doing FANTASTIC! You eat perfectly (unlike me)....Your loosing is suppose to slow down now...it will creep along for the next 6 months then probably stop unless you fight for more. I would keep doing what you are doing and dont worry about gaining a few pounds here and there its probably water weight anyway. I have been stalled at 160 range for months now then all of a sudden this week it dropped to 156! I was convinced I wasnt going to loose anymore... Keep doing what you are doing..I wish I was as disciplined as you...Im back into my old habit or hardly eating at all....................................GREAT JOB!
burgundylady2003
on 8/17/07 10:41 pm - small town, Canada
Hi, sounds like you are doing very well. I can only say what I have been doing. I do not 'diet' any more. I eat healthily and try to get my protein from foods. I plan my meals as to what protein first, then fruits and veggies, then if still room some carbs. I have changed the way I eat but also choose to eat the odd treat or snack...unfortunately or fortunately I do not dump on sweets. However, I feel I am eating like a normal person...I can have tastes of something and not over do it...I still would like to lose about 15 pounds, but I am ok that I am losing it slower, I am enjoying the way I am eating now. I think if anything you are eating too little for being a year out. Perhaps you need not worry about it so much and try to walk a little further, more often or faster. In order to lose with exercise we have to keep increasing the distance or intensity. congrats on where you are at, enjoy it, and relax, the rest will come off, but look at it more from month to month rather than week to week. I remember once being stressed about not losing, then I looked at the month and here I had lost 7 pounds! By now a 5 pound loss in a month is still very good. Just my 2 cents, Cindy
Julie122780
on 8/18/07 6:49 pm
My surgeon told me when you hit a plateau or a stall that you can up your weight loss again by eating nothing but salads and protein shakes for 2 or 3 days. I never tried it because when I hit a plateau I usually lose 5-10 lbs in the next 2 weeks. A lady I know who had surgery 1 mo before me did it and it helped her to drop 10 lbs in several days and take her under the 200 lb mark. Good luck! Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 681 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 745 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 810 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 939 views