What a difference a year makes!

burgundylady2003
on 9/1/07 12:02 am - small town, Canada
Hey my fellow August surgerys, we did it! WE made it through the first year. From the reports it sounds as if you have done fantastic. It is a great feeling isnt it? I have lost 102 since surgery and 120 altogether. I am so happy with how I have done and all the new clothes and compliments. I feel soooooo much better too. However, lately my appetite has really increased. I need to be more conscious of what I am eating. I do not dump so I can have 'treats'. We just had a student from France here for the month of August and she is used to desserts after every meal, so we had them lots and I have developed a sweet tooth! Heck, I didnt even have that much of a sweet tooth before surgery...I just ate...a lot! Anyway, just wondering if others are finding their appetite has increased lately and if they are still losing. So far I am still losing,but slowly, 3 to 5 pounds a month. I am happy enough about that, but worried it is going to stop and I want to lose another 15 pounds. Anyone looking at tummy tuck surgery yet? My surgeon here does it for free, but I have to be at goal for at least 6 months I think. take care, live, love, laugh and learn, Cindy
Sherry K.
on 9/2/07 4:47 am - Blooming Glen, PA
Your surgeon does free tummy tucks? Where do you live? I'm moving! I've lost 111 since surgery 8/8/06 and 140 pounds altogether. Yes, I just began checking into plastic surgery. While I feel so good these days, I sure hate the hanging tummy, arms, and boobs. Don't know what I can afford, but I'm checking into it. I'd like to lose another 10 pounds first. I'm still slowly losing too. Yes, I have to watch what I eat a lot more carefully now. I'm trying hard to pay more attention to feelings of fullness, and not keep eating. Old habits, you know? yours, sherry
dap2762
on 9/21/07 8:27 am - Scipio Center, NY
I was a year August 29th and to date have lost 171 lbs w/ about 8-10 to go. I have a consultation appt. scheduled with the plastic surgeon. I have alot of hanging skin and am having issues w/ chaffing under stomach and under arms. I have changed my whole way of thinking about food and eating. Don't eat much meat except some chicken and try for a healthier eating pattern. Do not ever want to weight 359 again in my life. Good luck to you in your weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cowangel
on 9/2/07 7:28 am - Grovetown, GA
Insurance pays for reconstructive after Roux n Y, however i changed jobs a month ago so won't be eligible for itme off for surgery until after 1st of year... I've lost 167 and gone from a size 32/34 to a size 12... whoohoo I am so blessed congrats on your acheivements
lea2be
on 9/3/07 5:32 am - LaBelle, FL
I posted at my one year (8/29) on the main board but forgot to jump over here to post... It has been one wild ride! I've gone from 410 down to 232 (178 pounds gone forever!) and I've lost over 140 inches too. I still want to lose another 50 pounds though. It has been VERY slowly coming off (7 pounds last month, 7 pounds this month) still. I guess it will take me another 6 months or so to hit my true goal. I am going for 185. At almost 5'8" and a medium frame with excess skin, that will probably look pretty darned good! I've gone from a size 36W to a size 18 or 20. While those are not small sizes, they are SO much smaller than where I started! I recently moved into size 10 undies and when I first pulled them out of the package, they looked SO small! I started in size 14 Just My Size! I will admit that I will be tickled pink to be at ANY weight that starts with a ONE. I've already seen some clothing sizes (18) that starts with a one and those two things were my primary goals. Best wishes to ALL of you! Lea
Lavon
on 12/26/07 10:19 pm - Turlock, CA
Lea, It is so amazing when we look at sizes and they seem so small, but then we can fit into them. It is so amazing, don't you think? I bought a rope for my trip in 9/2007 and tried on a medium and then had to have a small and it is actually too big. No longer have to wear wide width shoes, I am normal now. Looked at a size 8 dress and thought, there is no way I could fit into it. Lo and behold, I was able to. Don't want to ever go back to size 2x. Lavon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 681 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 745 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 810 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 939 views