What are you eating now?

Carol G.
on 11/8/07 2:23 am - Ahwahnee, CA
Hi my August buddies. I had surgery 8/28/06. I started out weighing 359 was my highest weight and now I'm 166 at 5'10". I don't really want to lose anymore, so I've been eating things I shouldn't really be eating, but it's keeping me right around this same weight. Atleast I know the difference of what I should and should not eat. My doctor wanted me at 185. When I saw him in August he told that I could stop the protein shakes. I did, but recently started again. Do you still drink protein shakes or or eat protein bars? I just want to make sure that I am on track with everyone else. I know I don't eat enough to get all the protein in even though I can anything and not be bothered in any way. I look forward to hearing from all of you and your experiences. I hope everyone is doing well! Hugs, *Carol*
LeAnne G.
on 11/10/07 5:58 am - Goodyear, AZ
Carol, I'm having at least two protein drinks a day. I find I can't get the 80 to 100 grams I need if I don't. I interested in finding out what the others are doing as well. Great topic Blessings, LeAnne
blondesnowqueen
on 11/11/07 12:41 am - Oxford, ME
I'm below goal and don't want to lose anymore weight also. I eat everything except sugar. I dump on sugar so I stay away from it like the plague. lol I feel great but I'm starting to look anorexic and I don't like it. I still drink 1 protein drink a day and try to get in as many fruits and veggies as I can. I'm doing breakfast which is usually a small bowl of bran flakes or Cheerios, then a protein drink around 9am, then lunch at 11am, usually a small salad or one of those campbell micowavable soups (they're just the right size) then I have a snack at 2pm usually a apple or peanut butter crackers, then when I get home around 4:30 if I'm hungry and can't wait til dinner I have a banana or peanuts or another snack, then dinner is usually some type of meat with potato and veggies or a pasta dish of some sort. And sometimes I have a snack before bed. I think I'm eating very well but the weight is still coming off. I stopped going to the gym and miss it. I'm hoping to stop losing weight and can start going again or atleast start riding my bike again. I'm no couch potato but I'm not getting in the amount of excersize I was when I was going to the gym. I still do things and love to walk. Feels so good to walk and not be in pain. ~dori~
Lavon
on 12/26/07 10:31 pm - Turlock, CA
Dori, When you say you dump on sweets, what do you mean, how bad is it? I just have rapid heart beat and hot flash and stomach upset for a short while after I eat sweets, not enough to keep me from going there. How come you eat so much carbs. Why don't you have more protein in your food, other than the protein drinks? I usally have a protein bar, South Beach cinamon raisin is my favorite, and a banana for breakfast, or I really like, cottage cheese with a little parm cheese mixed in. The soup you eat, don't give you much protein, isn't it mostly broth and pasta? I am not getting on your case, I was just interested in why all the carbs. At least your weight is still coming off, I haven't lost much since 9/2007 to now. I am going back to basic the 1st of the year and stick with only protein, veggies, fruits, yogurt and milk till I start loosing again. Have a Happy New Year to you, Lavon
cowangel
on 11/18/07 1:54 am - Grovetown, GA
Hi, I do a protein shake everymorning and recently upped it from 30 ish to 50 , and eat a snack about 10:30, then lunch at 1, which is usually some type of salad, then a snack about 2, then a snack about 4:30, and snacks are nuts, cheese sticks , southbeach protein bar, soy crisps, or pb crackers etc... Dinner is usally meat and a vegie.. I don't do sweets really either... I find that I am waking up n the middle of the night "hungry" but have really stepped up treamill workouts, so adding calories.. i'm still losing and want to do another 7 pounds or so... waiting to hear about tummy tuck I do about 100 proteins a day or try to
lea2be
on 11/25/07 1:46 am - LaBelle, FL
I fret over what I am eating weekly if not daily. I am sort of convinced that I need 1500 cals a day just to keep my metabolism up where I burn fat as I wasn't losing much at my 1200 cal a day average this last 6+ mos and had been losing weight pretty much only the week after my period. The week I upped my calories, I lost 3 pounds in like 4 days... I'm thinking of making it my norm now. I eat 100+ grams of protein per day and all but 36 of that is from food. 36 is my protein hot cocoa that I start the day out with. And, despite the 100+ grams per day, my prealbumin labs were in the toilet, so it truly isn't enough for me due to the malabsorption factor. I need to work on upping the protein without upping the calories farther than the 1500 per day. With that said, I am 15 mos postop and have lost 198 pounds (410 start, 212 now). I am 5 foot 7 1/2 inches tall and aiming for 185 to 190 somewhere but will be happy with anything that starts with a ONE--even 199.5! After years of weighing at or near 400 pounds, 212 seems like heaven. Heck, I haven't weighed less than 250 since middle school which was from 1978 to 1981! Hubby told someone the other day that I was his "new girlfriend" and we've been together 20 years! LOL My surgeon prefers we get all our daily protein from food but does not tell us NOT to do shakes. He believes that the mixed amino acid proteins in various foods are better absorbed and more complete than what you get from shakes. But, I can't top 100 grams a day without some supplementation, hence my protein cocoa. What is your average daily calorie intake? Are you getting in some good, healthy complex carbs each and every day? Lea
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/08 11:02 am - Florence, KY
I usually have a high protein oatmeal packet with 2 splendas and a latte (8 ounces of milk) for breakfast. Then another latte... Hot tea all day (8 or 9 mugs) Lunch is usually tuna or cheese, maybe an apple or pear snack is a slice of cheese or some almonds (just love raw almonds!) dinner is a meat and veggie snack is another latte and maybe popcorn if I watch too much TV I could probably just live on the latte's and not eat a thing.... lets see... 90 calories, 8 protein in a cup of milk.... times 10 latte's would be 900 calories and 80 protein.... maybe not a wise decision! LOL I am thristy more than hungry. I don't think I am ever really hungry, just start feeling weird when I don't eat. I did "test" the sweet thing over the holidays and found that I can have 1 cookie without having any issues, 2 or 3 make me feel ill... half a 2 inch slice of pie is ok, the whole slice.. not good..... ice cream will put me to sleep within 30 minutes! HEHEHE I started at 370 and now hover around 175.... which is ok... hubby told me he thought I was getting too thin (go figure!)... poor thing, he has put on close to 75 lbs since my surgery! I had to stop passing the extra food left on my plate to him....geesh
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 667 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 735 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 798 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 928 views