August 19th - Richmond, Va.

Captain-Kirk
on 5/29/08 3:54 am - Mechanicsville, VA
:clap: Finally, my surgery ihas been approved by Aetna and I am scheduled to "git-r-dun" on August 19th at ST. mary's Hospital in Richmond Virginia by Dr. Neil Hutcher. I am hoping that there will be other men willing to discuss their pre-op procedure, actual procedure, and post op as time moves on. Currently, I weigh 287 and suffer from sleep apnea and has been treated for GERD. Family history is not very strong on my fathers side as he too was a big man, 6'2" and weighed 340lbs. He passed away at age 46. I am a believer that you cannot run too far from those genes. My primary weight area is in my gut. Normal sized legs & arms. Beer gut, but built without beer. I am hoping some veteran of this surgery can associate with my situation and can give me some insight of what results I might be able to expect. Best wishes to all! :wave:
abrenner
on 6/2/08 2:12 am - Willow Grove, PA
HI Kirk, I'm new to the boards. I haven't officially gotten my date, but am aiming for 8/18. What procedure are you having? I'm going for lap band. I only have about 80 pounds to lose. I hear you though. My sister had bypass at Christmas time. She's doing really well (she had over 100 pounds to lose). What is your Dr. making you get done before your surgery? I've gotten all my labs done, my chest xray, my stool sampled, my arterial blood gas, my psych, nutrition, and exercise clearances. I see the surgeon next week and that's when I get my official date. He will also schedule me for an in-office endoscopy. I'm really ok with all of this. I have a ventral hernia from four abdominal surgeries in the past, and that was the thing that put me on this path. I knew I needed help with weight loss, but figured once I was having surgery anyway, to go this route. Was it hard for you to come to this decision? I hope all is well and that you are 100% comfortable with your decision. Amy in PA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1107 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 867 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 844 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1080 views