It's been 3 weeks since Ive lost any weight.

Karen M.
on 9/29/08 2:19 am - Calabasas, CA
I think Im at a stall...I lost 30 LBS the within the first few weeks after surgery but now nothing!!! Im so scared I wont meet my goal. Ive been exercising everyday and get in all my protein 60 grams a day so I don't know whats up. anyone else going though this?
Oh I should say Im 5'5 and was 260 lbs the day of surgery and now I weigh 230

jiji21
on 9/29/08 12:48 pm - fort stockton, TX
have you measured?  you might be losing inches even though you're not losing pounds.  i'm getting disappointed with my weight loss too.  i lost 12 pounds the first week and then it took 3 weeks to lose 15 more.  i just now started exercising though so i'm hoping that's my problem.  i'm seeing changes in the way my clothes are fitting.  don't concentrate on the numbers and try to focus on your food and exercise.  if you're in a stall it shouldn't last long.
catinthehat
on 9/30/08 6:11 pm - New Zealand
i'm the same but  i think its because i've had too many 'treats'......
also i think in the first couple of weeks post-op our calorie intake is really really low and we lose alot of water too.
Catherine
WendyWindow
on 10/4/08 5:42 am - UK
 Hi.  I had my first post operation appointment with my dietician last week and asked her similar question.  My pattern of weight loss has been really good weight loss one week and then nothing for 2 weeks followed by another excellent week.  I have been tracking it on a chart.  She said that it is normal.  Initial high weight loss has a lot to do with water loss.  She said your body thinks it is being starved and hangs onto fat a bit longer, takes time for your metabolism to change with your eating habits.  Also said that the slower weight loss is better as it means you are losing fat rather than bone and muscle.  Hope that information is useful.  Hang in there, it will take time but the longer it takes to come off, the longer it will stay off. Wendy x
Karen M.
on 10/11/08 3:57 pm - Calabasas, CA
ok Im it looks like I losing again Ive lost another 6 lbs....its a start...so thats a total of 36 lbs since surgery. I just thought it would be more by now.

Thank you everyone for their responses

Melanie B.
on 10/15/08 5:04 am - Doylestown, PA
i am "stuck" at 230 as well and this is my 2nd stall in 7 weeks. It does make me a bit frustrated, but i know i won't fail at this and it will eventually come off again.

Waltraud G.
on 11/5/08 5:37 am - Bartlett, TN

Karen,
Our stats are almost exactly the same.  I'm 5'5, was 259 the day of surgery and today weigh 227.  I'm not exercising much but get in most of my protein usually.  I haven't lost anything in 3 weeks either.  Surely it won't last much longer.  Surely I'm not through losing?

Karen M.
on 11/5/08 12:32 pm - Calabasas, CA
I seem to be losing again but slower than I thought I would I have...I've lost a total of 46 lbs (I weigh 214 now ) and Im at 12 weeks....it is kind of nice to know that just 15 more lbs and I will be at 199! I have added 80 grams of protein to my diet and I only exercise 3 days a week and for some reason that has helped......its weird when I exercised 5 days a week I stopped losing.

Waltraud G.
on 11/5/08 11:39 pm - Bartlett, TN

It's got to be nice.....I can't even remember being below 200 but then I've got double that still.  I'm just trying to be patient.  I should try increasing my protein too.  Thanks for the tip!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1102 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 867 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 843 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1078 views